Counselor/Social Worker/Psychologist - Novitas Academy - Emmett, ID
Novitas Academy is hiring! Come Join Our Team!!
The Counselor/Social Worker at Novitas Academy is responsible for implementation of the clinical aspects of the program. This position manages a caseload of teenage boys ages 14-18 providing individual, group and family therapy for their students. This includes general oversight of milieu interventions, attendance at weekly clinical meetings, crisis intervention, and implementation of program philosophy. The Counselor/Social Worker is also required to successfully collaborate with other departments within the program, referring professionals, and families to ensure the highest level of professionalism and clinical sophistication in every aspect of the program. The clinician will also be responsible for providing ongoing training to direct care and support staff.
Full Time Clinicians at Novitas Academy will need to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to execute effective therapy and interventions with clients in individual, group and family therapy.
• Ability to provide effective case management and provide feedback to a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to manage and coach families including the ability to coach parents through difficult situations, ability to help parents learn about their child's specific needs and the ability to help parents grow their parenting skills to effectively parent their child.
• Ability to effectively communicate with an interdisciplinary team that includes referral sources, home therapists, previous programs and psychiatrists.
• Ability to provide effective transition planning.
• Ability to empower, teach, and support direct care staff.
• Must be able to market yourself to referring professionals.
• Therapist must be able to work effectively as a part of a team.
• Ability to complete treatment plans, case notes and assessments in a timely manner.
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
• The therapist position at Novitas Academy requires flexibility to navigate the ever changing needs of the students, staff and families.
• Ability to navigate a rotating on call schedule.
Ideal candidates will join in recreational and outdoor activities with our students. We are looking for an adventurous person who is excited to help the boys find their passion and interests. We often enjoy the Idaho outdoors and we are looking for a therapist excited about planning outings geared toward engaging the boys in the world around them.
Qualifications and Skills
A minimum of a masters degree and Idaho state licensure as a LPC, LCPC, LMSW or LCSW.
Must complete a Department of Health and Welfare background check.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Matching 401k after one year of continuous employment.
Bonus eligibility after one year of continuous employment.
Paid time off.
Employee Assistance Program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
• clinical: 5 years
Required license or certification:
• LCPC, LCSW, LPC, LMSW