Director of 24 Hour Programs - Sacramento Children's Home - Sacramento, CA
POSITION: Director of 24 Hour Programs
LOCATION: 2750 Sutterville Rd. Sacramento, CA 95820
SALARY: Commensurate with Qualifications
Join our team and make a difference in the lives of Sacramento’s most vulnerable children and families!
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 5,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
As a member of the leadership team, the Director of 24 Hour Programs works interdependently with all members of the leadership team to fulfill the mission of the Sacramento Children’s Home. This position is responsible for developing systems that assure training, supervision and accountability of all staff in the program; developing, maintaining, following, coordinating and monitoring systems that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local statutes and regulations, SCH funding standards and SCH policies and practices; is responsible for the Residential and Crisis Nursery Programs and for ensuring emergency response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Superior management of all programs and services within the definition, objectives, guidelines, and budgets as set forth in all proposals, program statements and budgets
• Through system development and implementation assuring:
-A structured therapeutic program through overall supervision of residential staff that integrates educational, residential, and mental health programs, ensuring that there is implementation of an appropriate treatment plan for each client
-A safe, structured program that meets the health and safety needs of the children and families served in the 24 hour programs
• Working closely with the agency’s CFO or designee to develop and monitor program budgets
• A Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Science or related field is required. At least five years’ experience in management and supervision of a program or at least two years’ supervisory experience in a residential program setting is required.
• A Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Science and licensed by the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a MFT or LCSW meeting BBS requirements for supervising interns.
• 5-10 years of increasingly responsible experience in managing Residential Services and/or Licensed Childcare facilities for an agency, State, County or Federal Government, including administration, financial, quality assurance, personnel management and clinical responsibilities with at least three years of supervisory experience in a residential treatment setting.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Qualified employees must submit a completed Request for Promotion or Transfer form along with a resume to Human Resources. External candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/application.