Director of Residential Services – Canopy Children’s Solutions- Jackson, MS
Director of Residential Services
Canopy Children’s Solutions (Canopy) is Mississippi’s most comprehensive nonprofit provider of children’s behavioral health, educational, and social service solutions. Founded in 1912 as an adoption agency, Canopy has served the children and families of Mississippi for over 100 years. Our programs developed for Mississippi’s children, youth, and families continue to evolve to meet society’s changing needs. Today, Canopy serves all 82 counties through a full range of innovative solutions. Not all ailments are physical. The reality is that one in five children suffers from a behavioral health challenge. One child in 59 is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, with as much as one in 37 boys. More than 1.3 million teenagers struggle with substance abuse and dependence, and nearly 1 million children fall victim to abuse and neglect each year. Confronted with these statistics, children and families in Mississippi need a proven leader with a record of success.
Canopy seeks an innovative leader to provide operational and cultural leadership for our 60 bed PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility) on our campus. We invite you to join us in creating positive, impactful solutions for thousands of children and families in Mississippi.
This position is directly accountable to the Regional Director and serves as a member of the Canopy Leadership Team. Five or more (5+) years’ of proven leadership in healthcare administration or residential care is required. Two (2) years’ experience working with children and adolescents preferred. Experience working with The Joint Commission (JCAHO), and other accrediting bodies is a plus.
Examples of Primary Responsibilities:
• Shows personal commitment to effectively manage and support accreditation and licensing requirements and agency policies.
• Serves as a culture influencer and maintains a culture of high performance among all residential staff.
• Develops, implements and monitors strategic planning activities, quality improvement initiatives and operational goal setting from a “Servant Leader’s” mentality.
• Effectively serves as a department and agency leader working directly with Senior Management to ensure trauma-informed, evidence based care is implemented in all aspects of programming.
• Demonstrates a climate that drives people to do their best and pushes tasks and decisions down in a manner that empowers others.
• Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers to gain trust and respect.
• Integrate agency’s Core Values into all aspects of programming.
This is an exempt position. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Canopy Children’s Solutions offers a competitive benefits package to include: health, dental, vision, flexible spending, 403(b) retirement with company match, generous vacation, paid holidays, sick leave accrual, wellness program, and leadership development.
A Canopy application is required to be considered for employment. Applicants must be able to pass required background checks. Please visit www.mycanopy.org/careers to complete your application today!
…Through commitment to our core values:
The voice of our children and families always comes first
We take great joy in service to others
Our families and our communities deserve our very best