Director of Training - Pressley Ridge - Pittsburgh, PA
Title: Director of Training
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Location: Operations Center, Pittsburgh
Reports to: Chief Clinical Officer
The Director of Training is responsible for setting the direction of training organization-wide, including the designing and implementing employee development programs, including, but not limited to: state/ program/ job-specific courses, competency-based curriculum, and leadership development.
The person in this position should be knowledgeable in the latest training techniques and methods, and be able to collaborate with all levels of the organization from Executive to state leadership in designing and executing needed programs. The person in this position will also be responsible for leading a team of learning and development professionals and managing the department’s budge.
The Director of Training ensures that all trainings are in line with the mission/values and philosophy of the organization.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develop organization training programs that maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation mandates.
• Design and implement the organization’s training and development programs, identifying paths based on state, program and/or job requirements and an individual’s career development.
• Coordinating and communicating the logistical planning and scheduling of training events in cooperation with the state Learning and Development Specialists.
• Follow up with program leaders to ensure employees are scheduled for training and fulfill the requirements of their position/program in a timely manner and in accordance with program requirements.
2. Establish quality standards for training services, including curriculum content, instructional design, trainer competency/delivery, transfer of learning outcomes, and service relationships.
• Use the most up-to-date and effective methods and techniques to provide training to staff based on the specific needs of the state, program or service line.
• Maintaining a reliable and responsive service to both internal and external customers.
• Secure informal and formal feedback on all aspects of training including, feedback on trainers, curriculum content/design, physical setting, and overall training service.
• Implement multi-level evaluation of training effectiveness ranging from Level 1 (participant satisfaction) to Level II (knowledge/skill acquisition) to Level III (skill/behavior transfer to the Job) to Level IV (outcomes with kids).
• Work with Service Lines to develop training curriculum that supports Pressley Ridge Models.
• Assure that key trainings are consistent across the organization.
3. Oversee the organization’s succession planning and leadership development activities.
• Identify career paths based on job/competency analysis, and requirements of the position/role, service component, and an individual’s career development.
• Design and deliver leadership trainings, program and/or activities to staff related to their specific career paths or succession plans..
• Together with the regional teams, manage the succession planning process, and provide an annual summary of personnel strength to the Executive Team.
• Manage the leadership development processes, such as career exploration, 360 feedback.
• Oversee and ensure compliance with individual development plans.
• Develop processes and programs that help to identify and develop internal leaders, such as future leaders programs or mentoring activities.
4. Provide timely and accurate reporting using the organizations electronic systems, including:
• Maintaining updated and accurate employee training histories/transcripts.
• Tracking and publishing updated training requirement/compliance reports.
• Producing training productivity/utilization reports.
• Managing the current LMS System.
5. Design and deliver effective training that is consistent with Pressley’s values and the principles and practices of adult learning.
• Practicing effective presentation and group facilitation skills.
• Utilizing a variety of teaching methods to meet the diverse learning styles of employees.
• Ensuring specified learning objectives are met.
• Effective use of training/visual aids and most up to date technology when administering training
1. Presentation Skills. Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and managers; is effective both inside and outside the organization
2. Organizing/Process Management. Can marshal resources (people, funding, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; can see opportunities for synergy and integration and can simplify complex processes
3. Interpersonal. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds effective relationships
4. Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
5. Travel. Willingness to travel to various program sites and stay over night to deliver training sessions
6. Leadership. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide others
7. Schedule. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule and work independently
8. Computer. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software applications
A. Master’s degree in Adult Education, Training & Organizational Development, Human Resources, Public Administration, or related human services field
B. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
A. At least five (5) years’ experience in curriculum development, training, and organizational/human resource development.
3. Clearances. State Police/FBI per state regulations; Child Protection
1. Physical Demands. Requires vision, speech, and hearing
2. Environmental Factors. Normal administrative office environment
3. Working Hours. Normal Business Hours
This is a job description and is not intended to represent an employment contract. The elements of this description are subject to modification by management and may not represent all responsibilities and duties necessary to carry out the job of the Director of Training.
I understand that this position is considered to be an "exempt" position as defined by the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act. This job is exempt from overtime pay as described in the Pressley Ridge Employee Handbook.
I hereby accept this as an accurate job description of my position and I will abide by the standards set forward in it.
Employee Signature Date
Approved: _______________________________ _____________
Vice President Date
Reviewed: _______________________________ _____________
Human Resources Date