Executive Director - New Haven/InnerChange - Spanish Fork, UT
New Haven Residential Treatment Center is a pioneering leader in long-term therapeutic residential programming. Beginning in 1995, New Haven introduced intensive family systemic treatment approaches requiring ongoing parental involvement through weekly therapy sessions, on-site multi-family groups and well-planned family home visits. Concurrently, New Haven has built strong experiential, academic, and values components to solidify student and family change processes. In-home coaching visits and the use of outcome data to inform ongoing treatment and to measure success post discharge are other significant innovations in the past decade. New Haven successes are backed by an array of internationally-normed and proprietary data points not matched in any other treatment settings.
Most students enrolling at New Haven have been to several treatment programs before finding us. Our goal is to be their last stop for inpatient treatment. With our feedback-informed treatment guiding the therapeutic process we are able to be clinically nimble. If our current tactics are not propelling change, we respond quickly to support clients through new approaches. New Haven regularly hosts visits by others interested in our approaches. Our team members routinely present at national conferences and serve on national association boards.
As the Executive Director, you'll have the opportunity to change lives and heal families every day. You will also have a voice in steering policy and change processes on a national and on a regional stage.
What you'll love about us
● We are strategic. We are not satisfied with the status quo. Through a management platform including collaboration both with New Haven department leaders and with peer leaders from our corporate offices at InnerChange, we provide you tools to deeply understand operational metrics, employee engagement, client satisfaction, and industry trends. You will be provided resources to innovate while refining existing processes. Financial, operational, clinical and safety data are available in real time.
● Meaningful work. New Haven changes lives and builds employee skill sets. You will have an opportunity
to facilitate and create these changes program-wide while developing deep personal connections with students and families that will persist after graduation. New Haven alumni have strong connections with us and are regularly on campus and meet with New Haven staff members when they travel to conferences and other events.
● Caring Environment. You will lead a group of professionals who model true relational care for our students and their families. You will lead a team that is passionately committed to our clients and model that through extraordinary effort and love. You will benefit from well-developed safety policies and robust training of staff to ensure that students, families, and staff feel safe both physically, socially and emotionally.
● Leadership: You will have opportunities to influence change both internally and externally while promoting the mission and vision of New Haven. Your past experience will be crucial to ongoing changes and you will have a voice outside of New Haven to drive change.
● Personal growth and career development. New Haven has been a seedbed for career advancement. Many of the InnerChange leadership team came from leadership positions at InnerChange programs. We invest heavily in our leaders through internal trainings, outside education, and personal mentoring by industry veterans.
● Competitive salary. You will be compensated at a competitive salary based on your experience. You will also participate in annual profit sharing.
● Health benefits. You will participate in a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical insurance that substantially reduces your contribution and includes dental insurance, vision insurance, voluntary life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability, and a 401K plan with company matching. Seven company-paid holidays and a generous PTO schedule.
● Travel. This is the right place. In Utah, you have nearby access to national parks, festivals, higher education institutions, and year-round outdoor activities. Utah is also one of the safest states to raise a family. Utah is beautiful, but it's nice to get away. New Haven is heavily involved in industry symposiums, associations, and networking groups. Your travel will also include visits to conferences and to other program campuses and retreats.
What we'll love about you
● This position requires strong experience working in the field of mental health with past positions in management. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is required; a Master’s degree is strongly preferred in the behavioral sciences or related degree. For example, marriage and family therapy (MFT, LMFT); social work (MSW, LCSW); clinical mental health counseling (LPC, LCMHC); or a related discipline. A Master’s degree in business is welcome.
● You must have the ability to read and interpret financial statements and direct performance improvement.
● You are skilled at managing available resources and creating a true team environment.
● You possess current knowledge of the laws regarding documentation, reporting, confidentiality, and licensing standards.
● You need the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures or government regulations, and write reports,
business correspondences, and procedure manuals.
● You can demonstrate the ability to efficiently and effectively respond to questions from students, parents, referrals, staff, and members of the community in a manner that is therapeutic, systemic and ethical.
● You need to show you are forward thinking with the ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities, while successfully working with other healthcare providers, commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups, and other organizations.
InnerChange is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer