Mental Health Practitioner - School Based - Kindred Family Focus/Nexus - Columbia Heights, MN
Mental Health Practitioner – School Based
Kindred Family Focus has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time school-based Mental Health Practitioner in the Columbia Heights area.
Kindred Family Focus provides a continuum of services, from foster care to community-based services, to give children and families the tools they need to build successful relationships outside of treatment. We’re part of Nexus, a nationwide non-profit company providing supportive, values-driven treatment services dedicated to helping youth and their families. Changing one life changes everything! Join us in our mission to Strengthen Lives, Families, and Communities through our Cornerstone Values (Honesty, Responsibility, Courage, Care & Concern).
At Kindred Family Focus, we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package for full-time employees, and a company culture that’s second to none!
This position is responsible to provide therapeutic interventions and rehabilitative services to family and youth in the form of individual and family skills interventions as outlined in the Diagnostic Assessment and treatment plan. Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate youth and family assessment processes for evaluation
• Develop and implement treatment plans and deliver skill development services for assigned
youth and family cases, using trauma-informed and family driven care principles and
• Communicate regularly with family, supervisor and treatment team members to ensure
comprehensive quality care and services (e.g. doctor, psychiatrist, therapist, social worker,
school counselor, and teachers).
• Maintain all required documentation and records within established guidelines and
deadlines (e.g. treatment plans, billing and expense records, etc.)
• Participate in staff and supervision meetings and any in-services as required by
Nexus/Kindred Family Focus. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy and mission.
• Ensure confidentiality of all treatment and services pertaining to clients and their foster,
adoptive and biological families.
• Perform other job related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
• Minimum of a master's or other graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences, human services or
related fields, from an accredited college or university, and are on track to complete licensure for a specific,
related discipline or currently holds a provisional license for a specific track (e.g. LGSW, LAMFT or LPC).
• Knowledge of family based philosophy and practice is required. Prefer experience in related community
based work, working with families, youth, and trauma exposed children and adolescents.
• Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency driving requirements and pass corporate
insurance eligibility standards.
• Experience working with families and trauma exposed children and adolescents preferred.
For consideration, please apply online at: www.nexus.jobs OR if you want an application mailed to you, call 763-551-8640. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disab. *When applying, please specifically identify whether your work experience has been with youth or adults.