Mental Health Specialist (fulltime) - Sacramento Children's Home - Sacramento, CA
POSITION: Mental Health Specialist (fulltime)
LOCATION: 2750 Sutterville Rd. Sacramento, CA 95820
SHIFT: M – F, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
SALARY: $47,569.00 - $60,758.88 annually, additional $4,800 annually if licensed
Join our team and make a difference in the lives of Sacramento’s most vulnerable children and families!
Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 5,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
OVERVIEW: The Mental Health Specialist (MHS) provides an array of mental health services in compliance with the Sacramento County Department of Behavioral Health Services, DHHS, and EPSDT standards to clients contracted through the County in any of the Sacramento Children’s Home mental health programs. The MHS may fulfill the role of a Therapist, Community Mental Health Worker, Family Facilitator, Family Specialist and Cottage Facilitator as needed to implement client services per the client plan.
• Complete client assessments using the CANS & develop treatment goals and interventions
• Provide services to clients and families to support attainment of treatment goals
• Provide therapeutic services and ensure that no client is without services more than 30 days
• Participate as a member of applicable treatment team including, Team Decision Making, Child and Family Team, IEP, Student Study Team (SST), etc.
• Ensure appropriate communication with internal and external sources regarding client’s progress and salient issues regarding care
• Write daily progress notes for each service delivered within deadlines
• Complete appropriate County mental health paperwork
• Coordinate the completion of Mental Health Performance Outcomes & incorporate results and create plans accordingly
• If unlicensed, attend weekly clinical supervision meetings to comply with BBS requirements
A Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Science and licensed (or registered or in process of registration) with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as a LCSW (ACSW), MFT (MFTI) or LPPC (PCCI).
If unlicensed, registration with the CA BBS as an ASW, MFT, or PCCI intern is required.
Must receive LMFT, LCSW, LPCC license within six years of initial registration with the CA BBS as an intern to meet Sacramento County contract requirements.
Trainees will be considered if field placement is completed at SCH.
One year of experience with children or adolescents and families with emotional problems is preferred.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: Qualified employees must submit a completed Request for Promotion or Transfer form along with a resume to Human Resources. External candidates must complete our on-line employment application available at www.kidshome.org/application.