Milieu Supervisor - Nexus Glen Lake - Minnetonka, MN
Join a team dedicated to helping teenage girls with emotional and behavior issues, and who have been exposed to many traumatic life events, strive to make healthy changes in their lives. Nexus Glen Lake, a small intensive residential treatment program located in Minnetonka, is looking for a Milieu Supervisor to provide leadership to the floor staff in providing trauma-informed care for our clients. (Note: What you might call a Unit Supervisor, Unit Coordinator, Cottage Supervisor, or Site Supervisor, we call a Milieu Supervisor.)
As a Milieu Supervisor, you will provide milieu leadership to our Residential Counselors (Youth Care Professionals) through effective communication, organization, and planning of the daily operations of the program. Select responsibilities include:
• Providing structure and supervision of the daily programming of the milieu to ensure successful coordination and implementation of the client’s daily treatment services;
• Participating as a multi-disciplinary team member in developing and implementing client treatment plans and interventions;
• Assisting the Clinical Director in the selection, training, ongoing professional development and performance evaluation of staff; and
• Managing and monitoring the program milieu and collaborating with coworkers to ensure an emotionally and physically safe environment for clients and one that is also positive, respectful, clean, and therapeutic.
Must have either:
- High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of job-related experience working in a treatment/counseling capacity with youth (e.g. residential, foster care/adoption, CTSS, group home/TLP, day treatment, or related adolescent counseling programs); Two of the four years required experience MUST be experience working with youth in a residential treatment facility;
- Related Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. social work, psychology, or clinically-related field in social services) & a minimum of 1 year related experience working with youth in a residential treatment facility.
• Requires a minimum of 1 year team lead or supervisory experience.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
• Experience working with families and trauma-exposed children or adolescents is strongly preferred.
• A valid driver’s license. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirements.
• Ability to assist staff in physical interventions and restraints of clients, lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, and stand and walk for extended periods of time (2-4 hours).
Nexus is a nationwide non-profit organization committed to attracting, developing, and retaining professionals who want to make a positive impact on the lives of youth. As part of the Nexus Glen Lake team, you’ll be helping children, adolescents, and families build brighter futures. Changing one life changes everything. Join us in making a difference!
At Nexus Glen Lake, we offer competitive compensation and benefits along with a company culture that’s second to none! For consideration, please apply online at www.nexus.jobs or call 763-551-8640 to request an Employment Profile be mailed to you. Nexus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.