Recreation Coordinator - Mille Lacs Academy - Onamia, MN
JOB TITLE: Recreation Coordinator
LOCATION: Onamia, MN
STATUS: Full Time
DESCRIPTION: Mille Lacs Academy offers trauma-informed, family-centered, nationally recognized treatment for boys, ages 10-19, with significant mental health issues and harmful sexual behaviors. At Mille Lacs Academy we stand behind our “Cornerstone values” of Responsibility, Courage, Growth, Honesty, and Care & Concern. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth; as well as our employees. Nexus treatment programs have been creating brighter futures for nearly four decades. Through our cornerstone values we encourage lasting transformation and lifelong learning in the care of our youth, and we strive to exemplify the highest ethical and moral standards in our treatment. At Nexus, we believe all youth must be treated with dignity and respect.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation/Physical Education related discipline required. Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in leading a recreation and training initiative in a residential treatment setting and supervising support staff. Valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities: Develop and provide therapeutic recreation services which support the residential treatment plans by improving the physical, emotional, cognitive and social abilities of residents’ as well as providing comprehensive staff training program.
• Develop and coordinate the physical education and leisure activity programs for all residents while maintaining the safety of residents, staff and the community.
• Utilize assessment tools to determine individual resident needs pertaining to physical education/recreation and develop recreation treatment goals where appropriate for incorporation into Individual Treatment Plans.
• Research, evaluate and implement resources and opportunities for new and continuing activities on campus and within the surrounding community.
• Assist in the annual site budgeting process related to athletic and recreational equipment and costs related to activities and events.
• Develop and conduct staff training program on cultural diversity and other topics as assigned. Supervise recreation staff position(s) as well as providing work direction to general staff assisting on recreational or training projects.
• Participate in the selection, training, ongoing professional development and performance evaluation of Recreation Counselor.
• Ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with the Confidentiality Act regarding case reviews, determination, results and/or recommendations and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
For consideration, please apply online at: www.nexus.jobs Nexus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disab.