Registered Nurse – Nexus Glen Lake – Minnetonka, MN
Nurse – RN
Nexus Glen Lake/Nexus
Nexus Glen Lake, an intensive residential program for adolescent females located in Minnetonka, has an opportunity for a Temporary Part – Time Nurse (RN)! This position performs medical services, procedures, and protocols that promote clients’ physical health and well-being, and trains staff on relevant topics.
The ideal candidate will have clear communication skills, a spirit of flexibility, demonstrated problem resolution skills and the ability to handle emergency or crisis situations using sound judgment, and an ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships and appropriate boundaries with clients, families, and employees.
• Coordinating the delivery of medical care to clients.
• Collaborating with members of the treatment team to develop Individual Treatment Plans.
• Coordinating staff training in CPR, First Aid, medication administration and infection control.
• Administering bi-annual TB tests and provide Hepatitis and flu vaccines for staff, if applicable.
• Implementing, monitoring, and coordinating the administration of medications.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Valid Registered Nurse license.
• Minimum of 1 year related experience; preferably in a residential setting.
• First Aid/CPR/CPI/Infection Control certification.
• Valid driver’s license and a driving record that satisfies regulating agency and corporate policy.
• Remain current on all required training and certifications.
• Ability to meet the following physical demands: May need to be able to assist staff in proper restraining of clients;
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance; Must be able to twist, bend and stretch in a manner conducive to the execution of daily activities within a residential treatment program and office.
Nexus is a nationwide non-profit organization committed to attracting, developing, and retaining professionals who want to make a positive impact on the lives of youth. As part of the Nexus Glen Lake team, you’ll be helping children, adolescents, and families build brighter futures. Changing one life changes everything. Join us in making a difference!
At Nexus Glen Lake, we offer competitive compensation and benefits along with a company culture that’s second to none! For consideration, please apply online at www.nexus.jobs or call 763-551-8640 to request an Employment Profile be mailed to you. Nexus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.