Residential Counselor - Nexus Glen Lake, Minnetonka, MN
Residential Counselor Part-Time (Overnight)
Join a team dedicated to helping teenage girls with emotional and behavior issues, and who have been exposed to many traumatic life events, strive to make healthy changes in their lives. If you have high ethical standards, are committed to quality care, and are dedicated to helping troubled youth learn to trust and connect with safe, caring adults, we have an incredible opportunity for you! Nexus Glen Lake, a small intensive residential treatment program located in Minnetonka, is looking for Weekend Overnight Part-time Residential Counselors (we call Youth Care Professionals, or YCPs).
As a Youth Care Professional (YCP), you will play a key role in the growth and success of our youth. Select responsibilities include:
• Supporting and reinforcing the therapeutic plan of clients by providing guidance and direction to youth in daily living activities;
• Mentoring and supervising youth’s daily activities and behavior according to established guidelines and procedures;
• Participating with coworkers as a team on implementing treatment plans and therapeutic services;
• Ensuring client safety and collaborating with coworkers to maintain an environment that is positive, respectful, clean and therapeutic;
• Planning and participating in off-campus client activities and assisting in the transportation of clients for home visits, doctor appointment, planned recreational activities, etc.; and
• Working effectively with clients’ families/support networks to reinforce positive family partnerships.
• Different YCP levels (II and III) are available with additional responsibilities and pay based on applicable experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? (Benefits and Compensation):
• Competitive pay (starting at $14/hr with additional compensation awarded based upon education and experience!)
• Shift differentials and retention bonuses at 9 and 18 months!
• Comprehensive and affordable benefits – including up to 26 paid days off each year.
• Tuition assistance.
• Great opportunity to gain direct experience in the delivery of mental health services to children with emotional disturbances. Hours may count towards MH Practitioner status for the State of MN.
• High School Diploma or GED required, relevant experience preferred.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Ability to assist staff in physical interventions and restraints of clients, lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, and stand and walk for extended periods of time (2-4 hours).
How to Apply
At Nexus Glen Lake, we offer competitive compensation and benefits along with a company culture that’s second to none! For consideration, please apply online at www.nexus.jobs or call 763-551-8640 to request an Employment Profile be mailed to you. Nexus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.