Nexus-FACTS Family Healing, an outpatient/community mental health clinic, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Intake Coordinator position based in our Mendota Heights office.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits, along with a company culture that’s second to none!
Nexus-FACTS is a dedicated group of mental health professionals and practitioners specializing in providing quality mental health services to families, children, and adolescents. Nexus-FACTS is committed to a systemic approach in working with our clients since we believe that families are the backbone of our communities. We work to improve the quality of life for children, adolescents, and families through active collaboration with parents, schools, and other community professionals.
The Intake Coordinator is the primary contact and responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the client registration, admission, and scheduling processes while providing guidance and ongoing assistance with all administrative functions of the reception desk.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Triages and screens intake and referrals
- Creates client demographic and clinical profile in EHR
- With intake committee/supervisor assesses referral needs and assigns /schedules clients to therapists in a timely manner
- Collects all pertinent data and ensures that the Electronic Health Records system is accurate and updated on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that a qualified and credentialed Therapist is assigned and scheduled to the client’s appointments.
- Helps clinicians meet direct service goals through scheduling, documentation, and discharge
- Manages client scheduling by timely scheduling appointments, cancellations and making follow up calls as needed
- Provides reports, data and outcomes to FACTS leadership from intake process and EHR
- Receives authorization from insurance providers to ensure new clients have payor source (public or private insurance, etc.
- May be asked to open office when required
- Accepts payments from clients.
- Helps therapists in discharge planning
- Greets all clients, staff and visitors in a welcoming manner while providing excellent customer care and always ensuring a high level of professionalism
- Manages wait room area
- Disseminates the incoming messages and phone calls to the appropriate staff.
- Identifies issues that impact on front desk resources and reports them to the direct administrative coordinator
- Provides support to Therapists and Clinical Directors such as providing client information, scheduling, planning, and organizing.
Required Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in a mental health or healthcare office required
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business, Office or Medical Office Administration, or other Healthcare related field
- Two (2)+ years’ experience in a mental health office or medical office administration, medical billing or project management in similar role with project management experience.
- Electronic health record experience in lieu of Associates degree preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish or Somali speaking is a strong asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry skills required.
- Understands mental health terminology, billing software and electronic medical records.
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of patient and client information.
- Is a champion in client and customer rapport building using inclusive and culturally appropriate skills.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Remains current on all company assigned training and/or certifications.
- Maintains a Valid driver’s license and meet state requirements and pass corporate insurance eligibility standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
We provide competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including: four weeks paid time off in the first year of employment, multiple options for health insurance coverage, holiday pay, as well as no-cost life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance.
At Nexus Family Healing, we not only support diversity – we celebrate it and rely on it for the betterment of our employees, our services, and our impact on the community. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth and the best work environment for our employees through an inclusive team culture. Nexus Family Healing is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Our Workplace Values:
At Nexus Family Healing, our ICARE shared values (Innovation, Compassion, Agility, Responsiveness, and Excellence) are the
foundation for our actions in the workplace. They define how we behave with each other, our clients, our partners, and our communities. Every interaction we have with each other will be met with understanding, kindness, and helpful action.