About George Junior Republic:
Founded in 1909, George Junior Republic is dedicated to helping at-risk youth become successful, well-adjusted adults, capable of achieving a higher degree of citizenship and a better understanding of his responsibility to society, family and self. George Junior Republic not only has our campus as a treatment facility, we also have a community based Preventative Aftercare program located throughout PA and OH, as well as a community-based program throughout the state of Indiana. Check out our website to learn more about these programs and the positions they offer as well, at https://gjr.org/careers/.
Behavioral Health Technician Position Summary:
Do you have an interest in the field of criminal justice and/or caring for at risk youth? The Behavioral Health Technician is the primary childcare personnel for the Special Needs, Intensive Supervision, and Diagnostic Facilities. This position is designed to provide the daily services of safety, security and structure to the persons served. The care, custody and supervision of the persons served are the primary concerns of the job. The Behavioral Health Technician provides the youth with the structure of following a daily schedule, conducting one-on-one sessions with the assigned youth to discuss how they can continue to be/become successful in the program, as well as complete Treatment Goal Notes. Candidates should be proficient in writing and documentation.
- Behavioral Health Technician 1 – Must have an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a related field.
- Behavioral Health Technician 2 – Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with behavioral modification and treatment principles preferred but not required.
- Act 33/34 clearances will be required.
- Able to work a rotating schedule.
- Able to perform passive physical restraints
4 weeks on 7:00am-3:00pm
4 weeks on 3:00pm-11:00pm
4 weeks on weekends (7:00am-11pm Saturday and Sunday, plus one eight-hour shift during the week).
BHT 1 starts at 17.50/hour.
BHT 2 starts at 15.50/hour.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k, 403b
- Life insurance provided by employer
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Referral bonus program