Schedule: Sunday – Thursday
Salary: $9 an hour plus communal housing provided
PT/FT Status: Temporary Full Time
The Iona Project chapel immersion program offers internships for those interested in sharing a common life of prayer and scripture, mutual accountability, and youth ministry in a residential childcare setting. The Iona Project is intentionally designed as a one-year program. Those accepted into the program covenant together to stay for the duration of the program.
Follow the link below for additional information on the program!
What is the Iona Project?
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Iona Project interns will share life together and a common discipline of (1) prayer and scripture and (2) mutual accountability through ongoing spiritual formation as directed by the senior chaplain. This includes but is not limited to:
- Quarterly retreats
- Daily prayer exercises
- Assigned readings
- Weekly group prayer meetings
- Assists in the implementation of an inter-denominational Christian chapel program for youth that promotes healthy spiritual growth. This includes but is not limited to:
- Chapel services and other special worship services
- Christian education for preadolescent children
- Weekly devotionals for teens
- Regularly scheduled youth group meetings
- Special seasonal events
- Service projects and trips
- Interns with musical training may be assigned to assist with music lessons, the student praise band, and other music events and ministry.
- Provides spiritual guidance, discipleship, and crisis care for residents as needed and reports the results of such guidance to appropriate staff.
- Provide visitation to residents during clinic and hospital stays.
- Helps coordinate and supervise chapel trips, camps, and retreats.
- Assist with the operation and tech support of chapel media equipment.
- Regularly attends and supports Boys Ranch extra-curricular school activities and community activities as schedule allows.
- Ensures safety of youth involved in Chapel programs by following approved childcare supervision protocols.
- Exhibits appropriate interaction with residents.
- Must be mature and dependable.
- Must be highly teachable, flexible, and open to new ideas.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Experience in Christian youth ministry, teaching, or childcare is preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Must possess exceptional communication, time management, and detail-orientation skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available for travel as needed.