Murray McKinnon Foundation, Classroom Youth Worker (ALC) – Contract
Ajax Learning Centre, Community Based Programs
Murray McKinnon Foundation (MMF) is seeking 1 Classroom Youth Worker for the Ajax Learning Centre, which is a small classroom setting serving youth in conflict with the law.
This is a Maternity Leave Contract, beginning October 2023 to June 2024 and is in keeping with the Durham Board of Education School calendar. General hours of operation are 8:30-4:30pm.
- Attractive pay – $23.53 hourly plus 8% in lieu of benefits
- Sick and Personal days
- A safe work environment adhering to all Ministry licensing and Public Health standards
Successful Candidate will have:
- Completed a minimum of post-secondary education
- Minimum three (3) years related work experience
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- A creative approach to working with young persons
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the teacher, community partners, families and team members
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, a client centered, strength-based approach to working with clients and;
- Willingness to support the students in their educational endeavours are key components of this position.
- Cultural competencies are a must
Murray Mckinnon Foundation values the diversity of people it hires and serves. Diversity, equity and inclusion at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Applicants from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
If interested, please reply with a letter of intent and current resume by October 2, 2023 by 4pm to the attention of Angela Dell, Program Director, Community Based Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE: MMF ALC YW – MAC – YOUR LAST, FIRST NAME
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $23.53 hourly
Schedule: 8.30AM – 4:30PM Mon-Friday
Work Location: In person