Clinical Supervisor - Mille Lacs Academy/Nexus - Onamia, MN
JOB TITLE: Clinical Supervisor
LOCATION: Onamia, MN
DESCRIPTION: Mille Lacs Academy offers trauma-informed, family-centered, nationally recognized treatment for boys, ages 10-19, with significant mental health issues and harmful sexual behaviors. At Mille Lacs Academy we stand behind our “Cornerstone values” of Responsibility, Courage, Growth, Honesty, and Care & Concern. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth; as well as our employees. Nexus treatment programs have been creating brighter futures for nearly four decades. Through our cornerstone values we encourage lasting transformation and lifelong learning in the care of our youth, and we strive to exemplify the highest ethical and moral standards in our treatment. At Nexus, we believe all youth must be treated with dignity and respect.
• Master's degree in Social Services, Psychology or clinically related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years in adolescent counseling and/or residential experience required, plus 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
• MLA -- must be licensed as LICSW, LMFT or LP.
• Valid driver’s license. Must meet state regulating agency and Corporate driving requirements
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities and perform activities in a manner that makes the best use of existing resources, staff and time.
• Possess and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of currently accepted therapeutic practices and continue to stay current on latest developments in treatment theory and practices; demonstrates a thorough understanding of and strongly promote all Nexus treatment philosophies and practices throughout the incumbent’s assigned program and throughout the academy.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop a cohesive and effective team, through the use of basic supervision and team-building components such as: communicating a clear mission to the team, outlining common goals and promoting shared accountability for outcomes. Identify problems that can inhibit team/staff development and choose facilitation strategies to help achieve team goals.
• Easily adjust and be highly flexible in meeting changing work needs and demands and willingly provide direction and/or assistance when needed.
• Exhibit and promote cooperation and flexibility among members of the team to ensure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts. Ensure responsibilities are covered, if applicable, when absent.
• Demonstrate problem resolution skills and the ability to handle emergency or crisis situations and use sound judgment by taking appropriate actions consistent with Nexus policy and procedures. Remain calm and effectively manage stressful workload conditions and difficult, emotionally charged or crisis situations
• Exhibit clear, professional, respectful and effective communication when interfacing with residents, staff, families and external contacts and share knowledge, information and resources appropriately.
• Develop and maintain healthy relationships and appropriate boundaries with residents, families and employees and exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct, integrity and confidentiality.
• Interact with and appreciate people from diverse cultural, social and religious backgrounds
• Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures; the ability to enforce them and hold individuals accountable.
• Remain current on all required training and certifications.
• Continually seeks knowledge of and exhibits an understanding and acceptance of differences in gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class, religion and disability to better appreciate staff and residents within the academy.
• Supports the mission of Nexus (“Changing lives through our Cornerstone Values”) by exemplifying the Cornerstone Values and the Nexus Guiding Principles in all interactions with internal and external customers, and in all work performed on behalf of the organization.
For consideration, please apply online at: www.nexus.jobs Nexus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disab.