Reports to the Vice President of Academic and Residential Services. Full time clinical staff position in the Counseling Services Department, with duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for overall management of the Clinical Department which includes:
- Supervision of the lead School Nurse
- Supervision of the Admission Coordinator
- Communication and triage with consulting Psychologists and outside therapists.
- Provide or arrange for ongoing staff development for clinical staff as well as staff at large.
- Supervision of student interns
- Direct Services to identified students and families at Glenwood Academy: individual, family, group therapy, case management, assessment, intake, etc.
- Community outreach and liaison with schools, other providers, referral sources, and consumer groups
- Participation in and/or supervision of community projects, treatment teams, as assigned
- Participation in Glenwood Academy’s various staff meetings, in-service workshops, and Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Timely and professional documentation of activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree (MSW or MA) in counseling/ human services area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counseling required
- Clinical licensure to practice independently in Illinois (LCPC, LCSW, Clinical Psychologist) is preferred upon hire or will be required within 12 months of becoming eligible to apply for a clinical license
- Requires well-developed written and oral communication and computer skills
- Three to five years of child/adolescent therapy experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle required
- Training and clinical experience with children, adolescents and families, especially urban, economically impoverished, and culturally diverse populations
- Capacity and interest in working within a team model
- Previous supervision experience or good potential to develop strong supervisory skills
- Knowledge of word processing and basic computer functions; intermediate to advanced level of computer skills required
- Knowledge of childhood trauma and prior experience working in settings with youth and families that have been exposed to trauma or experience traumatic stress preferred.
- Knowledge of child and youth development, adolescent issues, positive youth development/strengths preferred
- Ability to self-structure and execute responsibilities efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate a positive message
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Valid Driver’s license
- No history of child abuse or neglect
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
This position meets the FLSA requirement for EXEMPT
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer