Position Reports to: Vice President of Development and Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
Reports to the Vice President of Development and Communications. Responsible for management of the Raiser’s Edge donor database (RE), daily gift processing, responding to staff requests for queries, reports & mailing lists, training staff on RE, and reconciliation with the Business Office. As the “hub” of information for donors, contacts and relationships for the Administration Department, the Database Specialist sees opportunities for collaboration and cooperation among team members and clearly communicates these opportunities to the team. Demonstrates highly effective verbal and written communication and analytical and computer skills.
- Serve as Glenwood Academy’s Raisers Edge system administrator which includes following best practices to record and maintain donor information; training Raiser’s Edge end-users; and assisting staff with constructing queries, exports and reports
- Oversee gift processing which entails entering gifts, reconciling gift information with finance department, and executing gift acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Maintain electronic gift and donor documentation storage
- Design and maintain policies, procedures, training manuals, and documentation related to the use of the database and reports
- Respond to data requests such as mailing lists and prospect lists quickly and accurately
- Manage the monthly and yearly reconciliation process between Development’s Raiser’s Edge database and Finance’s Financial Edge accounting database
- Serve as the liaison for database issues including installation, upgrades and patches, special projects or performance issues
- Conduct thorough and accurate research on prospects as requested by the Development team
- Remain familiar with key software packages for the database, prospect research, and online giving and interact with vendors to provide support for the Development staff
- Other duties as assigned, including attending special events, volunteer days, and other team projects
This position meets the FLSA requirement for EXEMPT
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment at Glenwood is an “at-will” arrangement.