Starts at $15.00-$17.00*/hour PLUS additional compensation:
Shift differential (up to $2.00/hour)
Relevant experience in field (up to $2.00/hour)
Credit for higher education($.48/hr for Bachelors degree; $.72/hr for Masters degree)
Overtime shifts available (1.5x your hourly rate)
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could become a part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a Direct Support Professional has its Advantages
As a Direct Support Professional, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Entry-level position with opportunities to learn and grow in the Behavioral Healthcare field
- Formal leadership/development training program
- Comprehensive training in crisis prevention/intervention, trauma informed care, CPR, first aid, and cultural competencies
- Flexible schedules that can work with school, family commitments, or other employment
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida provides programs and services for children, adolescents and adults who face significant emotional, behavioral and intellectual/developmental challenges. With programs in Orlando, Winter Park, Titusville and Viera, this position is responsible for:
- Supporting a therapeutic environment, while ensuring the safety and well-being of the individuals we serve.
- Conducting daily living activities, including health & hygiene management, cooking, cleaning, and recreation
- Following and implementing behavioral support plans
- Documenting shift reports, incident reports, and individual progress notes
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Social Work and experience in the field is preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant with experience working with IDD, Mental Health and/or dually diagnosed populations is a plus but not required
- Must be able to complete a two-week (Monday – Friday) new hire orientation class; hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each day. Orientations are offered in Orlando, FL and Titusville, FL.
- Must be able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday shift either Evening or Overnight Shift
- Part-time or Full-time Opportunities
- Must be able to work holidays.
- Successfully pass pre-employment medical screenings which include: Drug Test, Physical, Physical Abilities Test, TB Test. Devereux requires all employees to obtain the annual Influenza Vaccine.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccine mandate requires staff without an approved medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated to be employed in this program. If you are fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to starting.
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional driving of Devereux vehicles for business purposes. Must be able to drive a car and a passenger van (which holds up to 15 passengers).
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.