Reports to the Vice President of Academic and Residential Services. Full time staff position in the Residential Services Department, with duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for overall management of the Residential Service Department which includes:
- Supervision of the Program Managers.
- Supervision of the Clothing Room.
- Communication with VP of Academic Affairs and the President.
- Must have strong data and clinical skills in analyzing trends across programs ensuring that safety and well-being are the focus.
- Must understand performance outcomes of the agency programs. Must achieve and monitor the outcomes ensuring the programs are meeting the performance benchmarks.
- Must have knowledge of clinical best practices when working with children and youth in residential care.
- Utilizes strong knowledge of verbal intervention skills.
- Demonstrates quality leadership to enable the smooth operation and correlation of agency services.
- Must have strong collaborative skills and ability to work as a member of the management team.
- Serves as direct administrative back up to program staff in their absence.
- Develops and recommends to the VP of Academic Affairs, long and short range plans for the continued development of the agency residential program.
- Interprets trends in the program assigned and communicates information to the VP of Academic Affairs and the President.
- Interviews, employs, and makes recommendations for disciplinary action and termination of staff within area of responsibilities.
- Oversees maintenance of client’s records according to agency, licensing, applicable laws and accreditation guidelines.
- Holds regular staff meetings for each area of assignment.
- Holds regular supervision with assigned direct report staff.
- Actively involved in the planning, delivery, and supervision of training related to own area of expertise as well as the needs of the program.
- Works collaboratively with other agency staff to ensure a well-planned and cooperative total agency team approach to programs and services.
- Holds regular collaborative meetings between residential staff, clinical staff and educational staff in working to meet the needs of the youth the agency serves.
- Committed to and works effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and participates in continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in the human services field.
- Requires the ability to provide quality leadership, which promotes the effective and smooth operation of agency’s services.
- Requires well-developed management and written and oral communication and computer skills.
- Five years of related supervisory experience and 3 plus years of progressive supervisory/administrative experience.
- Driver’s license, appropriate insurance and access to personal vehicle required.
- Master’s degree in human services field preferred.
- Five years related experience and 3 plus years of progressive supervisory/administrative experience.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains involvement in the professional field attending various meetings driving best practice in residential treatment.
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Academic Affairs in ensuring knowledge of and adherence to personnel policies and practices.
- On call to address emergencies by phone and in person.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Training and residential experience with children, adolescents and families, especially urban, economically impoverished, and culturally diverse populations.
- Capacity and interest in working within a team model.
- Previous supervision experience or good potential to develop strong supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and basic computer functions; intermediate to advanced level of computer skills required.
- Knowledge of childhood trauma and prior experience working in settings with youth and families that have been exposed to trauma or experience traumatic stress preferred.
- Knowledge of child and youth development, adolescent issues, positive youth development/strengths preferred.
- Ability to self-structure and execute responsibilities efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate a positive message
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
This position meets the FLSA requirement for EXEMPT
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Dr. Colleen Carter with questions at email@example.com.