Director of Inpatient Services - Tanager Place - Cedar Rapids, IA
Director of Inpatient Services
Tanager Place is a pioneering behavioral healthcare organization that delivers high quality care across a full continuum of mental health services. We invite you to join us in creating a positive impact on thousands of children and families lives.
The Tanager Place Inpatient Department is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Inpatient Services Administrator. This position provides operational and cultural leadership over our 44 bed PMIC (Psychiatric Medical Institute for Children) and 16 bed Intermediate Care Facility for Intellectual Disabilities located on our administrative campus.
• The ideal candidate will possess; a minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in inpatient services; a strong understanding of the operational functioning and regulatory requirements of services; demonstrate leadership skills to create and maintain a high performance campus culture.
• A Master’s in Social Work or related degree in the Human Service related field required.
This position is directly accountable to the Vice President of Operations and serves as a member of the Administrative Team.
Examples of Primary Responsibilities:
• Effectively provides management for the daily operations and provision of services to clients.
• Creates and maintains a culture of high performance among inpatient staff.
• Effectively works with Director of Clinical Care to ensure trauma-informed, evidence based care is implemented in all aspects of programming.
• Provides direction and supervision for Program Managers, Program Floats and Nursing Department.
• Effectively manages and supports accreditation and licensing requirements and agency policies.
• Develops, implements and monitors strategic planning activities, quality improvement initiatives and operational goal setting.
• Effectively manages grievances generated by clients and/or guardians and staff or outside agencies.
• Effectively serves as a department and agency leader.
This is an exempt position. Tanager Place general office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tanager Place offers a full benefits package – health, dental, vision, flexible spending, 403(b) retirement, vacation, and holidays.
A Tanager Place application is required to be considered for employment. Applicants must be able to pass required background checks. Please visit www.tanagerplace.org/careers to complete your application today!