Director of Philanthropy - LaSalle - Albany, NY
Job Title: Director of Philanthropy
LaSalle School is a multi-faceted human service agency in the Pine Hills Neighborhood of Albany, New York, that has continually operated since 1854. Our longstanding mission of providing a safe and effective place where children who have experienced harm and hardship can heal and thrive continues to this day. Now informed by the science of trauma and neurobiology, motivated by the philosophy that every child and family we encounter is doing the best they can at that moment, we have developed a robust continuum of services, across multiple regulatory environments, to fulfill our commitment to provide interventions and support which can yield lasting positive change in the lives of children, their families, and the larger community.
We are seeking an individual with the insight, zeal, and experience necessary to expand the agency’s development and fundraising goals. A strong candidate will value our long legacy of Mission driven and high quality programming and our commitment to serve children and their families. The candidate will find joy in supporting the agency’s ability to delivery of high quality programs that foster the healing and resilience of families who have experienced great harm and hardship. As an essential member of the Executive Team at LaSalle, this person will develop and execute a strategy to enhance existing development efforts and lead efforts to identify, attract, and retain new individual and corporate donors who share our belief that there is nothing more important than providing highly effective and trauma informed services that prepare children and families to become contributing members of a society which values the safety and well-being of everyone.
The LaSalle School in Albany NY is seeking a full-time Director of Philanthropy to work closely with the Executive Director and The Foundation Board of Directors to develop a fundraising plan outlining clear strategies and tactics to meet fundraising goals. This position will also cultivate relationships with a portfolio of high potential donors and corporations to engage them with the goal of increasing contributions. The Director of Philanthropy represents the LaSalle School at events, conferences and meetings, and with external stakeholders. This position oversees and maintains all fundraising data, files and correspondence and supports the development of marketing and communications materials. The Director of Philanthropy assists with the planning and implementation of the annual fundraiser and other planned development and marketing events.
• Develop a comprehensive 5-year strategic plan for fundraising growth, including both existing donors/channels and growth opportunities.
• Research, identify and secure major donors.
• Oversee stewardship plan for all donors focused on cultivation and upgrades.
• Monitor all donor data information; including recording, tracking, and acknowledgment of gifts, pledges and event financial information.
• Set clear priorities and indicators for success to measure program growth.
• Leverage board members to increase fundraising results and relationship building.
• Minimum, five years’ experience fundraising and management in philanthropy and development.
• Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects and donors.
• Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue.
• Strong background in managing fundraising with high net worth individuals, corporations, and special events.
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• A Bachelor's degree is required. Master’s degree preferred.
Applicants may apply on Indeed or by emailing your resume to email@example.com. If emailing in your resume please ensure you put that you were referred by ACRC