Director of Residential Services - Rawhide - New London, WI
Director of Residential Services
Organization and Mission
Rawhide is located in the heart of Wisconsin along the scenic Wolf River. Rawhide is a faith-based, 501(c)(3) recognized charity offering programs for at-risk youth in Wisconsin. Since its founding in 1965, Rawhide has redirected the lives of thousands of youth and has become a recognized leader serving the spiritual and wellness needs of at-risk youth. Rawhide offers a full continuum of programs and services that provide intensive residential services, outpatient mental health services, and prevention-based programs for at-risk youth and their families.
Rawhide’s residential, educational, and ancillary services are in a rural setting outside of New London, Wisconsin and sits on 714 acres. Rawhide’s residential program serves more than 100 youth each year (40-50 youth at a time), ages 14-24, who are experiencing moderate to severe behavioral and mental health problems. Housing in a large 4-bedroom house located on campus is available to the Director of Residential Services.
Our mission: Being dependent on God, we inspire and equip at-risk youth and families to lead healthy and responsible lives through family-centered care, treatment, and education.
The Director of Residential Services will provide leadership to the residential care program including staffing, planning, program development/implementation, training, budgeting, and census management. This role will be an important member of the Executive Leadership team while providing direction and oversight to a group of over 45 individuals. The Director is empowered to achieve organizational goals in transforming the residential program to meet changing needs for those youth requiring out-of-home care.
Leadership: Serves as a decisive, credible leader for the residential care program and demonstrates strong administrative and organizational skills. Ability to collaboratively participate with the leadership team in achieving organizational vision, mission, and commonality of purpose. Thought leader and subject matter expert in residential treatment best practices.
Strategic Planning: Works effectively and efficiently with the Executive Leadership team to implement organizational strategic plan and track progress toward achieving residential treatment service goals. Collaborates with the Leadership team to identify future strategic initiatives and implement plans toward sustainable growth.
Operations: Provides leadership and efficient management to all residential care operations. Develops and implements best practices around trauma-informed client-centric care.
Demonstrated ability to develop high performing staff through training, mentoring and support. Assures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Program Development: Commitment to deliver high quality residential programs and data driven program evaluation and outcomes. Works with community partners to improve program services. Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in transforming residential treatment program within the larger context of organizational goals. Demonstrates innovative thinking in developing transformative approaches in providing residential services to at risk youth.
Financial Management: Experience in nonprofit financial management including budgeting, forecasting, and tracking residential care revenues and expenses. Holds primary responsibility for managing the residential care budget and ensuring sustainable, diverse funding streams. Establishes annual department goals including census management and direct care recruitment and retention.
Personnel Management: Responsible for hiring, staff development, and high performance of all house parents and direct care workers. Ensures training programs are implemented for all staff. Develops and promotes a positive residential care culture with all personnel and builds strong teamwork and collaboration.
Communication: Assures that Rawhide’s mission and programs are consistently presented in a strong, positive image internally and to the community. Possesses excellent verbal and written skills and communicates well with staff and community partners. Demonstrates hands on leadership and is proactively present to support staff and youth in the program. Must be relational in their approach and possesses strong values, high moral character, and is spiritually mature.
Community Partnerships: Builds relationships and networks with placing agencies and develops new referral sources. Understands the mental health community needs and identifies potential opportunities for organizational growth.
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling, or related field required.
• At least 5 years of experience in leadership roles in nonprofit treatment setting and familiarity of the mental health nonprofit community (10+ years strongly preferred).
• Experience in a faith-based, family-oriented culture.
• 10+ years of experience managing teams.
• Experience in working in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
• Strong administrative and organizational abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and sustain sound financial performance.
• A management style that promotes teamwork, innovation, motivation, and builds consensus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Passionate self-starter, high energy level and highly motivated in carrying out the mission.
• Effective Interpersonal relationships and transparency with Leadership team and staff.
• Faith based leader that can balance a sense of ministry for youth with the business demands in a changing organization.
• Must be mission minded, have strong faith and values.
• Inspirational leader who is decisive in decision making and creates a positive care culture.
• Embraces high engagement with direct care staff and developing high performing teams.
• Personal integrity, strong work ethic, problem-solving attitude, and excellent judgment.
• Someone who understands the pain these youth and families experience.
• Comfortable living in a rural environment and enjoys outdoor activities.
Compensation for this position will be competitive based on experience.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Doug Zimmerman, The Moran Company. APPLY NOW
Rawhide is an Equal Opportunity Employer