Director of Special Education Services - Genesee Lake School & TCHarris School - WI & IN
Director of Special Education Services
Job Locations US-WI-Oconomowoc | US-WI-West Allis | US-WI-Madison | US-IN-Lafayette | US-WI-Brookfield | US-WI-Beloit
Job ID - 2019-8517
Category – Education - Administrative
Job Type - Full-Time
Company – Genesee Lake School – TCHarris School & Academy – The Richardson Schools
ORP provides specialized services and dignified care for children, adolescents and adults with special needs. ORP offers a spectrum of services and support which promote the ability of those we serve to live as independently as possible in the community.
In the role of Director of Special Education Services, you will lead the overall special education offering across ORP schools. This role will be focused on the planning, developing and implementing of a vision that supports ORP schools in the effective delivery of special education services ensuring ORP’s education offering is student centered, research based, and distinctive in the market.
This position reports to the COO of Children’s Services and works closely with school leadership to establish a baseline of services and programs that are a part of all ORP education offerings. In addition to establishing ORP’s education offering “brand” around which marketing strategies can be built, you will collaborate, and mentor individual school leadership related to instruction, curriculum and the provision of special education services.
• Oversee operations in the development and execution of a comprehensive Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) which includes the school community/culture/climate, professional development (for educational leadership and instructional staff), curriculum and instruction (should drive technology) and school safety.
• Establish and define annual core priorities for the ORP educational offering.
• Write appropriate policies and procedures related to special education services.
• Plan and develop a budget for areas including, but not limited to curriculum and technology.
• Guide IEP development and implementation standards.
• Ensure high quality offerings in the following areas as part of ORP’s overall K-12 offering including academics, related services and transitions (post-secondary education, vocational, and independent living).
• You have a Master’s degree in an educational related field, ideally a degree in Educational Leadership and/or Curriculum and Instruction. You must have Director of Special Education and Pupil Services and Director of Instruction Licenses or equivalent licenses.
• Ideally, you have a Principal and/or District Administrator License and leadership experience in a district wide position.
• Proven leadership skills in a district wide position.
• 10 years of experience in the education field.
• You have classroom teaching experience with an emphasis on special education preferred General knowledge of educational theories, including instructional system design, and young child, adolescent, and adult learning theories as they related to students eligible for special education services, with an emphasis on students with autism and other disabilities.
There’s more to ORP than just competitive pay and benefits. ORP is a 100% employee-owned organization that transforms lives. We do this by offering residential, educational, vocational and day programs for people with special needs.
Each year, after your first year of employment with us, you will receive a part of your income in ORP stock, making you an employee owner. This stock allocation is a company-funded benefit — no investment from employees is required. Yet, employee ownership goes beyond simply stock.
At ORP, we support an ownership culture throughout the organization. Our culture is based on our five beliefs and behaviors:
5. Continuous Learning and Innovation
As an employee owner, you can expect transparency, respect and appreciation. You’ll impact the place you work and map a career within ORP. With your passion and our breadth of services, your options are nearly limitless!