Director of Therapeutic Programs - Hope Village for Children - Meridian, MS
TITLE: Director of Therapeutic Programs (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Therapeutic Services is responsible for ensuring that all therapeutic needs of the residents we serve, in the group homes, and foster care program, are met. This person supervises the Foster Care Program, the Therapists, the Activities Coordinator, the Education Coordinator, and the Case Managers. In addition, the Director of Therapeutic Services is expected to create a positive, supportive environment for cottage residents.
• Supervises the Case Managers and Therapists to ensure each resident receives therapeutic services as outlined in his/her Individualized Service Plan.
• Supervises the Education Coordinator to ensure all residents’ educational needs are being addressed.
• Supervises the Activities Coordinator and his/her schedule of activities that are established and maintained in order to create a predictable, well organized program of daily care, recreation, and supervision.
• Together with the Executive team determine eligibility for admissions to all programs.
• Along with the Case Managers, participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Individualized Service Plans
• Together with the HVC Therapists, supervises and trains treatment team.
• Provides and supervises individual and group counseling to residents.
• Ensures that the foster care program is operating in compliance with all rules, regulations and standards applicable to Hope through MDCPS, MDMH and any other regulatory agencies that pertain to Hope Village’s programs.
• Provides consistent and timely feedback to other supervisors, Case Managers and Direct care staff regarding their relationships and interactions with residents and other staff.
• Trains staff in Mental First Aid, MANDT, and Trauma Informed Care
• Works as part of the team in researching, developing and implementing new programs.
• Ensures that all records are maintained in compliance with regulatory agencies’ standards.
• Participates in on-call rotation.
• Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality in relation to all matters pertaining to the agency, its board, staff and residents.
• Provides all required employment documentation (background checks, TB skin tests, etc.)
• Demonstrates cultural sensitivity when interfacing with clients, families and all others.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education - Master’s degree in social work, mental health, child care, or related field.
Licensed LPC, LCSW
Experience and Skills - The Director of Therapeutic Services should have a minimum of four years supervising experience in a related field.
The above statements reflect the general level and nature
of the job and are not to be construed as all inclusive, nor is this document to be substituted or used as receipt of an employment contract.