We are looking for an Executive Director to provide exceptional leadership to the Nexus-PATH Family Healing agency! This is an exciting opportunity for an organized leader who is passionate about mission-driven work to oversee our outpatient/community mental health and foster care programs in North Dakota!
Nexus-PATH Family Healing is part of Nexus Family Healing, a national nonprofit network of mental health agencies with over 45 years of restoring hope for thousands of children and families through outpatient/community mental health services, foster care and adoption, and residential treatment. We use innovative, personalized approaches to heal trauma, break cycles of harm, and reshape futures. We believe every child is worth it — and every family matters.
The Executive Director will provide leadership to the Nexus-PATH agency staff and ensure the financial sustainability as well as operational efficiency of all services, programs, and departments. The Executive Director will also implement the strategic plan based on broader Nexus Family Healing organizational goals as well as the agency’s goals and vision. This role will ensure the development and retention of employees and maintain the applicable standards of the organization and all regulating bodies.
At Nexus Family Healing, we not only support diversity – we celebrate it and rely on it for the betterment of our employees, our services, and our impact on the community. We strive to provide the best quality care for our youth and the best work environment for our employees through an inclusive team culture. Nexus Family Healing is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, familial status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Leads and adjusts the agency’s strategic planning process and is responsible for execution and achievement of Nexus organizational initiatives
- Accountable for overall positive leadership of the agency and maintaining high-performance culture among employee
- Manage day-to-day operations of services and programs by supporting the effective functioning of all departments
- Unites diverse employees around their connection to the Nexus-PATH and larger Nexus Family Healing organization
- Actively involved in promoting positive public relations, marketing, and community relations by participating in community events, appropriate civic, governmental, and political advocacy
- Works actively with the Board of Directors by ensuring timeliness, organization, effective coordination, accurate reporting, and ongoing recruiting of Board members
- Actively participates in philanthropic efforts
- Develops a strong referral base by actively promoting services and achieving high satisfaction with youth, family, and referral agent experiences
- Maintains appropriate census and budget expectations for long-term sustainability as well as manages expenses and increases revenue and diversification of funding streams
- Actively looks for ways to expand and grow services to maintain innovation with programs and keep up with industry trend
- Support active continuous quality improvement and risk management culture for the agency
- Partners and works collaboratively with other agency Executive Directors to promote operational excellence and efficiency
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in a clinical field required with licensing preferred; a combination of business degree with direct clinical experience will be considered
- At least 10 years of clinical experience with children, youth or families, and specific experience with mental health and/or foster care programs is required
- At least 5 years of senior level supervisory and management experience required
- Working knowledge and experience overseeing and being responsible for operations and financial oversight required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of budget development and management techniques
- Inspires and motivates others to perform and grow and has the ability to hold team members accountable to work expectations
- Ability to make decisions with sound and accurate judgment
- Displays a high degree of ethical leadership by acting with integrity and serving as a positive role model
Ability to travel via car and plane is required; Approximately 10% of time requires regular travel