The Executive Vice President leads mission based programming and services across the company. Leads Strategic Planning initiatives related to programs and services in partnership with CEO and other leadership, with a strong emphasis on mission aligned growth and entrepreneurial initiatives. Provides leadership to direct reports to include VP’s of services and the Senior Director of HR. Responsible for programmatic budget/management/performance. Meets with community leadership to further relationships, to identify unmet community needs and improve quality/quantity of services as needed. In partnership with the CEO, participates in state and national level membership organizations in order to remain proactive in the areas of trends relating to services/programming, financial impacts/policies and strategic planning.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in grant/RFP planning and responses in conjunction with Grants Manager, VP’s and CFO. Scans and monitors released RFPs on a regular basis, identifies potential RFP’s that CHN should evaluate for response/submission
- Leads programmatic and other related goals of the Strategic Plan with strong results, conducts committee meetings as needed.
- Collaborates with other CHN strategic/accountable team members and external consultants.
- Develops and maintains reports; reports updates to CEO and Planning Committee.
- Works in close partnership with the CFO and members of Senior Leadership in executing plans, growth, etc.
- Oversees HR, leads and integrates HR functions within programs and across the company.
- Participates in marketing initiatives
- Leads and successfully manages budget performance, coordinates with CFO, VP’s funders, government entities(Medicaid)
- Identifies new projects, ventures, potential targets and other partnership opportunities.
- Identifies strategic risks and help to reduce these risks.
- Conducts feasibility assessments of gaps and needed services in other regions and locations.
- Develops business plans in accordance with standard format.
- Meets with Legislators, government and business leaders, etc. to promote issues related to CHN.
- Develops companywide procedures as needed
- Completes special projects assigned by CEO.
- Attends and participates in Board and Committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in the field of Social Work, Mental Health or other Human Services.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a not for profit, on the executive level, demonstrated business acumen and strong leadership skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in program development, has a strong record of entrepreneurial initiatives, including fee for service programs.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in leading program design and writing successful responses to RFP’s.
- Experienced in Medicaid compliance, billing and expectations.
- Skilled in leading meetings and managing projects.
- The ability to influence, lead change and role model positive behaviors that drive high quality performance.
- Excellent conceptual and writing skills.
- Skilled in Budget management.
- Congenial personality and style.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, as well as excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Licensed Professional in Mental Health, Social Work or Marriage and Family, or Certified Analytical Behavior Analyst.
- Experienced leader in the mental health/behavioral health field.
- Experience with managing entities, managed care business models, preferred.
- Strong relationships in Florida.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must possess means of providing job related transportation and show proof of required insurance. Must be insurable under Children’s Home Network insurance policy.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must successfully complete and maintain FDLE clearance, Federal background and state criminal background check and sexual predator screening.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT COMPETENCIES & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Annual Training Requirements: The following training topics are required annually: Sexual Harassment, Blood-borne Pathogens, Workplace Accident Prevention and Reporting, Confidentiality and Privacy Practices, Diversity/Cultural Competency, Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporter Statutes and Methods, Prevention of Violence in the Workplace, OSHA– related training, Crisis Prevention, and Program Goals. Other position related trainings or certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in the area of leading people, managing programs and growth and business acumen.
- Demonstrates values of respect, excellence, compassion, upholds the dignity of others.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Ability to speak to groups of all sizes and make presentations.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and initiatives.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of agency’s organizational structure, standard operating procedures, and policies.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Possess good hearing (with or without hearing device).
- Ability to effectively operate a telephone and personal computer.
- Frequent use of hands, voice and hearing.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting (15-20 lbs).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on occasion.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Works indoors in an office environment. May assist in outdoors employee morale events.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For assistance, email Faith Begley, Chief of HR, at Fbegley@childrenshomenetwork.org.