Required Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; or three to five years progressive experience in job related responsibilities at a management level.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience supervising and developing staff
- Experience implementing recruitment strategies and systems for compensation and benefits, and HR technology
- Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues
- Ability to listen and probe to understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Outstanding judgement, sensitivity and high discretion
- Experience working in healthcare setting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HR system applications
Job Summary: Responsible for development of recruitment and retention strategies, including staff recognition and events. Provides continual development and oversight of onboarding processes, required training, and staff development. Ensures that competency of staff is evaluated timely and effectively. Develops strong relationships, working collaboratively with all staff and departments for HR support. Provides support to Leadership Team and supervisors, implementing and supporting strategic objectives. Participates in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
Resident and staff privacy and confidentiality is protected at all times. Minimum necessary access to resident and staff records and information is assigned based on the job duties and responsibilities outlined below.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Employee Recruitment & Retention
- Oversee the development and implementation of recruitment strategies that align with program goals and objectives.
- Work with department directors/supervisors to interview and select qualified personnel.
- Oversee process to complete appropriate reference checks and background screenings.
- Identify ways to increase staff retention and implement strategies to enhance employee engagement and staff recognition to promote an organizational culture that positions St. Joseph’s Children’s Home as an “employer of choice.”
Staff Competency and Training
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance evaluation process, working with the program directors/supervisors to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching for all employees. This includes tracking, updating and generating staff evaluations.
- Implement on-boarding and orientation for new employees to St. Joseph’s goals, philosophy, services, policies and operational procedures. Provide a New Employees Training Materials book to all employees and schedule for New Hire Orientation Training.
- Provide training at New Hire Orientation to include Sexual Harassment and any other sections of New Hire Orientation assigned.
- Maintain ongoing training schedules. Send out rosters at least one month before a scheduled training so supervisors can schedule staff to attend the required training.
- Maintain employee training records and competencies.
Staff Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA
- Administer St. Joseph’s benefit package including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD insurances, 403(b) Annuity Retirement Plan, 125 cafeteria plans and Combined Leave for all employees.
- Oversee annual benefits open enrollment.
- Assist the business office in reconciling insurance benefits to the General Ledger to maintain accuracy of adding new staff and ending coverage for terminated staff.
- Provide and maintain worker’s compensation records; guide and assist staff in completing workers compensations claims, including follow up processes, TTD pay, and coordination & tracking of care/medical updates as required, including work restrictions and releases to return to work.
- Administer the FMLA program including educating supervisors and staff of this program and providing required paperwork to qualifying staff as soon as the need arises. Maintain confidential FMLA files and track updates as needed, including medical releases or assessment of work restrictions.
- Oversee payroll processing including: inputting and maintaining accurate employee information within the payroll system; compiling payroll data (i.e. hours worked from electronic timekeeping system) and tracking monthly payroll cycle.
- Maintain all wage authorizations and pay changes in confidential employee files.
- Process pay changes for level advancements, merit increases, and annual wage adjustments, with approval. Review wages and ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Coordinate with Director of Finance to ensure reconciliation of payroll deductions and billing statements for benefit plans.
Personnel Files and Recordkeeping
- Ensure that employee files and records are properly and securely maintained.
- Complete background checks on all employees according to state standards.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws at the local, state and national level relating to employment and ensure organization compliance. This includes educating and advising senior leaders on HR related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring programs, practices and policies are aligned.
- Gather and report statistical data on Workers Compensation and annual Staff statistics and retention.
- Compile data from exit interviews and present information to the Leadership Team for review with recommendations.
- Complete state or federal employment reports as required, including EEOC and OSHA reports and forms.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve on the Quality Improvement Team.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Ensure the mission of St. Joseph’s, including the spiritual formation of residents, is an integral part of the healing process.
- Will perform other duties as may be assigned.
Contact Stormy Lower, HR Director / Program Director at 307-532-4197 or email@example.com.