PURPOSE OF POSITION: To oversee and handle all electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs; to work in conjunction with the Supervisor – Facilities (Boys Campus) and outside regulating Agency inspectors; to be responsible for correcting any aspects of maintenance that are cited by inspection.
Mercy Home for Boys & Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan, and much more.
• Trade school diploma (preferred) or a High school diploma (or GED).
• At least 3-5 years of experience in the maintenance field required.
• Overall understanding of electricity, heating/cooling systems, ventilation, and plumbing.
• Experience with HVAC systems and appliance repairs.
• Basic knowledge of safety codes and regulations.
• A valid driver’s license, ability to drive a truck and car.
• Ability to work both independently and as an active team member.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to climb and descend stairs and ladders.
• Ability to work while standing on a ladder.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
• Ensure all equipment is in working order.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and property.
• Perform electric, plumbing and other repairs and use outside services when necessary.
• Attain competitive bids according to Agency policy for outside services or purchases and make recommendations to Director- Facilities & Property.
• Oversee construction projects.
• Order and/or purchase building supplies.
• In the absence of the Director- Facilities & Property and the Supervisor-Facilities, make daily work assignments for staff maintenance personnel, including electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
• Review and implement all mechanical specifications and operational manuals to make certain they are up to date and applicable to Agency machinery.