Job Location: Campus – Camarillo, CA
Position Type – Full Time
Education Level- Bachelor Degree
Job Shift- Day
Job Category – Nonprofit – Social Services
The Manager of Training and Quality Practice carries out the mission of Casa Pacifica as it relates to all Training Department functions. The Manager of Training and Quality Practice is responsible for overseeing agency-wide training programs and for assisting leaders in identifying and facilitating positive program and employee development that produce quality practice outcomes. Oversees administrative training activities and ensures maintenance of training documents and staff records per Title 22 Regulations. Responsible for oversight of all Continuing Education (CE) vendor programs. Oversees orientation trainings, in-service trainings, and training support to agency programs. Plans and develops training in compliance with STRTP, contract requirements and long-term training needs. Responsible for developing and managing the fiscal training budget and supervises Training Department staff, which may include Training Specialist(s) and Training Coordinator(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (illustrated by typical activities):
- Provide leadership, supervision, accountability, vision, and support for training employees and initiatives across agency.
- Collaborates with leaders on program implementation, capacity building and quality improvement initiatives.
- Helps to identify, Implement and measure quality practice outcome goals across all training areas
- Manages, facilitates, and supports all agency training needs by keeping up to date on best practices, trends and policies related to human service workforce development.
- Monitors and assesses effectiveness of pre-service training and ongoing training modules.
- Oversight of correspondence with contracted trainers, outside providers, and/or trainees.
- Oversight of all CE vendor programs including STRTP Administrators, Group Home Administrators, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), and American Psychological Association (APA).
- Ensures maintenance of training plans and records required by regulatory and contractual requirements, accreditation standards, employment law, and organizational policies. .
- Ensures preparation of monthly, quarterly and end of the year training reports as required by licensing, contract, and accreditation requirements.
- Develops and maintains a professional resource library
- Assures monitoring of the use of all training equipment and of the training rooms.
- Plans and Develops training modules for the expansion of programs and agency growth.
- Manages fiscal training budget.
- Completes annual reviews of organizational training needs by seeking organizational input
- Purchases training materials and maintains and accurate inventory
- Supervises and develops department staff, including training specialist(s) and training coordinator(s).
- Works in conjunction with Compliance to determine if additional or retraining needs are required across the agency.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters within the organization with respect to personnel, operations, and clients.
- May perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Please note: this position will not be offered as a remote work style
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present and train in front of a variety of audiences.
- 5 years of experience in the field of clinical, training and/or employee development.
- Experience working in the Human Services field, preferably with foster youth in a residential/group home environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Embraces the mission and values of Casa Pacifica.
- Demonstrates good follow through, excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and build strong relations within Casa Pacifica and with county partners.
- Ability to function independently as well as function as a member of a team.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people, community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- Knowledge of STRTP Interim Licensing Standards personnel training requirements, a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suites, a plus.
Valid California Driver’s License, California vehicle registration & vehicle insurance with excellent driving record.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Financial Management
- Managing and Developing Employees
- Offers Solutions
- Planning and Organization Skills
- Teamwork and Relationships
- Technical Ability and Skills
- Time Management
Casa Pacifica Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits package, including 401k with up to 5% fully vested employer matching contributions made after first year of service
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance options
- Flexible Spending and Dependent care programs
- Excellent Training opportunities
- Education/Tuition Assistance programs
- Discount Gym and Wellness options
- Group Discount Pet Insurance
- Aflac Critical Illness, Accidental & Dental supplemental plan options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Confidential Crisis Line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- 4 face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue, i.e.,
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Life transitions
- Grief and Loss
- Conflict Resolution
- Substance Abuse
- Work-Life Counseling
- Free Legal and Financial Consultations
- Identity Theft Recovery Services
Casa Pacifica restores hope, enhances resilience, and strengthens community connections for children, young adults, and families.
We are a diverse and inclusive team providing excellent services to all our communities. Our team members are empowered to share their identities, ideas, and perspectives. A culture built on diversity, equity and inclusivity is essential to creating a safe and healing environment at Casa Pacifica.
Casa Pacifica is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.