Orchard Place seeks a Full Time Nurse, RN or LPN, to work in our residential program with children and adolescents ages 10-17 years. The Staff Nurse functions as a member of the overall treatment team for the youth resident and their family.
Hours are 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. On-call every 4th week.
Offering $2000 sign-on bonus.
Orchard Place values diversity, equity and inclusion, and we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is the key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
As a valued member of the Orchard Place family you will have the ability to:
- Create a meaningful impact on and provide valuable input in the overall care and treatment for the children and families that we serve.
- Work with a supportive and diverse team to provide the best care to our clients
- Enjoy a competitive benefits and time off package
- Have your employment at Orchard Place qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF forgives the remaining balance on your federal Direct Loans after you make 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full time for a qualifying public service employer (such as Orchard Place).
As a Staff Nurse you will:
- Complete nursing assessments
- Provide direct patient care
- Update medical records
- Assist at the onsite medical clinic in obtaining all doctor’s orders for laboratory procedures for residents as needed
- Educate direct care staff on instruction and information about medication and drug prescriptions and supervise security of medications on each unit.
- Communicate with parents/guardians as needed
- Iowa RN license or Iowa LPN license
- Ability to work independently with excellent critical thinking skills
- Pediatric and psychiatric experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Criminal and Abuse Registry checks completed. Must have valid driver’s license