Get to know us:
For over 100 years, Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services (VDM) has taken great pride in providing exceptional programs and services for children and families throughout LA County. VDM envisions a community where all children and families are equipped and prepared to live productive, fulfilling lives. We serve the most vulnerable in Los Angeles, many of whom have faced multi-generational inequities. Vista Del Mar is guided by core values of empowerment, equity, and excellence.
At Vista Del Mar, our success is powered by our staff, families, residents, and clients that we serve. We believe in the equity of BIPOC and recognize the struggles of injustice and inequity and stand in the breach to fight them. We will continue to strongly advocate to change racist systems that oppress staff, clients, and families in our community. Our actions will be louder than our words. Vista commits to meeting these moments.
Vista Del Mar provides a trauma-responsive continuum of services to empower children, youth, and families in Southern California to lead fulfilling lives.
The Program Director of Vista Haven Refugee Services is an administrator/supervisor responsible for the overall management of the programmatic, administrative, financial, and operational systems related to the provision of care and services to Unaccompanied Children (UC) in the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR); provision of regular and timely reports to ORR regarding operations, services, and finances; establishing a respectful and supportive workplace environment; and elevating any issues or concerns to ORR. The Program Director serves as the primary liaison with the ORR and external providers regarding the care of all UC’s needs and oversees reporting to ORR.
The Program Director’s responsibilities will include overseeing intake of UC; supervising the residential facility; planning and implementation of the daily activities of UC; supervising, planning, and coordination of services, including medical, clinical, behavioral, and educational; supervision of food services; and supervision of reunification and release of UC to the care of approved sponsors.
The Program Director will work with the CEO, CPO and Senior VP Residential Programs to ensure programmatic and administrative compliance with ORR policies and regulations, including all State, Federal, and agency standards (licensing, policy, and procedure, etc.), and quality assurance.
The Program Director administers the ORR unit assigned on the Vista Del Mar campus, is an integral part of the campus operations team, and a member of Senior Leadership. As such, the position is expected to work on campus problems, as well as problems related specifically to their program. Regular communication and collaboration with other members of the Vista Senior Leadership Team will provide a forum for this work.
The Program Director is a team leader who must administer a program of approximately 40-50 members. They will supervise the Case Managers, and support Clinicians in providing consultation services to the Case Managers and direct care staff. As the senior staff member of the program the position is directly accountable for the development, implementation, communication, and renewal of the program. The Program Director is involved in the hiring and firing, training and supervision of staff, as well as the whole treatment process as it relates to youth enrolled in the program. As the program’s team leader, the Program Director has a clear commitment to being available to their staff for leadership, support, direction, and professional development.
What You Bring to VDM:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science degree; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years’ experience in child welfare administration and/or child protective services, and 2 years of experience in program management or as director of a licensed childcare program.
- At least 5 years of experience working in residential/day treatment facility preferred.
- At least 4 years of serving in a supervisorial capacity.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who are licensed PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT, through the BBS (California) for at least 4 years.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who possess Certification as Group Home Administrator or qualifications to obtain Certification as Group Home Administrator.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants with experience working with an ORR administered program.
- Clearly demonstrated leadership competence, including competence in staff supervision.
- An aptitude for treating the youth in the specified residential program.
- Ability to relate practice and theory.
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers, line supervisors, frontline staff, and youth.
- A successful experience in residential work with youth.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate with others.
- COVID Vaccination Card (fully vaccinated) + booster required.
What Can We Offer You for All Your Hard Work?
- Full benefits offered (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- FSA/Dependent Care and Supplemental benefits through Guardian
- 403(b) – 3% Employer contribution based off annual salary
- 4 Mental Health Days
- Up to 12 Paid Holidays
- Up to 25% for Cell Phone Discounts with 3 Major Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint)
Vista Del Mar’s Credentials:
Our nationally recognized clinical programs have been awarded a Gold Seal by the Joint Commission, the highest level of accreditation possible. In addition, our educational facilities are fully accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and our graduate degree program is recognized worldwide for its high quality of instructions.
Equal Employment Statement
Vista Del Mar is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Therefore, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Vista Del Mar will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations as part of this commitment.
To Apply: Please email resume to CEO/President Lena Wilson at LenaWilson@vistadelmar.org.