PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for all aspects of recruiting for Mercy Home, specifically for positions outside of the Residential Programs department. Attract top candidates from various sources to build a high performing and diverse workforce and grow a strong talent pipeline.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am – 5:30pm on-site at our West Loop location.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred (with a focus in Human Resources, Business or related field ideal).
· Previous hands on experience in recruiting staff or volunteers, ideally in a social service setting.
· Experience working in an administrative setting.
· Highly proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Proficiency with HRIS systems a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Proven customer service skills and the ability to manage a large amount of telephone work.
· Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
· Ability to multi-task, handling many projects with competing priorities.
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to research, analyze and interpret various types of data and/or information from multiple sources.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in response to questions and requests.
· Is open and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and co-workers and is willing and competent to work with a diverse client population.
· Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position in all departments other than Residential Programs.
· Serve as backup support for recruiting for Residential Programs positions as needed.
· Post open positions on the Agency website as well as with recruiting sources.
· Assist with the development and execution of the agency’s recruitment plan by reviewing resumes, responding to candidates and conducting phone screen interviews.
· Schedule interviews with designated applicants.
· Ensure candidate engagement during the interview process. Manage ongoing communication with candidates and build relationships during the selection process.
· Track all candidate information, including employee referrals and internal candidates.
· Ensure HR receives interviewing manager’s feedback in a timely manner.
· Maintain department activity report and lead weekly activity meetings.
· Manage process to offer position to selected candidates.
· Ensure follow up with all applicants not selected for a position.
· Build relationships with universities. Represent the Agency at external recruiting activities and job fairs.
· Lead the team in finding new recruiting and marketing opportunities.
· Create and maintain recruiting materials such as flyers, brochures, etc.
· Manage applicant tracking system as well as filing system for applications of non-hired applicants.
· Maintain record of all job postings as well as costs related to job postings for budgeting purposes.
· Assist with onboarding and HR orientation of new coworkers when requested.
· Perform regular analysis of applicants and new hires to determine top recruiting sources, diversity of candidates and length of time jobs are open, as well as other metrics.
· Act as liaison with area employment agencies.
· Assist in the development, achievement and assessment of department CQI goals, objectives and processes.
· Ensure all department recruitment policies, procedures and forms are up to date.
· Assist with filing, copying, data entry and other administrative tasks as requested.
· Assist with other HR functions and Agency operations as requested.
Mercy Home for Boys & Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical, 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan, and more