The Residential Manager is responsible for overall facility maintenance and safety as well as supervision and well-being of clients living at The Grove, IMPOWER’s Adolescent Residential Substance. The RM is an immediate partner with all clinical and operational staff to ensure a therapeutic milieu at all times.
This position is full-time, non-exempt and the starting salary range for this position $50,000 annualized.
Essential responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and supervision of Behavioral Health Technicians (BHTs), BHT Trainer/s, Maintenance and Housekeeping staff
- Complete performance evaluations and/or corrective action plans on supervised staff in a timely fashion and in accordance with agency procedures, including reviewing job descriptions any areas needing updating or revision
- Monitor, defuse and evaluate crisis situations discussing the incident with authorized staff and client(s), adjusting supports and the environment, and complying with regulations for incident reporting in Electronic Health Record
- Actively participates and contributes to Treatment Team meetings; maintains collaborative professional relationships with staff, clients and all support team members (including approved family/DCF contacts)
- Communicate with parents/guardians, Case Managers, JPOs, GALs, and other support team members regarding client issues or needs as necessary
- Prepares weekly/monthly staff schedules ensuring proper staffing and coverage at all times; fills in for BHTs in the unit as necessary
- Delegates tasks to ensure facility, grounds and equipment is functional and safely maintained to corporate, legal and accreditation standards; assists with completion of capital repairs and projects
- Ensure completion of routine inspections and emergency repairs are completed timely and in compliance
- Reports client medical emergencies and/or needs timely; work with medical department to coordinate client medical attention when needed and transport clients to medical appointments during non-emergencies
- Coordinates and manages required staff training in accordance with F.A.C. 65-D and agency and funder requirements
- Oversee monthly facility and vehicle checks; works with maintenance and vendors to coordinate repairs as needed
- Oversee adherence to daily program schedule and point sheets
- Supervises administration of medication by each client utilizing proper medication administration guidelines in the absence of the nursing staff
- Ensure staff and clients engage safely in scheduled community outings; attend as necessary
- Completes required training education/certification, continues professional development, and keeps abreast of relevant resources and information
- Timely and accurate submission of daily census reports, shift notes, payroll approvals, expense reports and other documents
- Incorporates trauma-informed care principals and sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability, and gender issues into daily practices and interactions
- Provides input into budget priorities, identifying ways to provide services in a more cost-effective manner with specific regard to staffing levels based on census
- Acts and presents as a professional role model for all staff and clients.
- Completes all other tasks and duties as assigned or as needed to help drive IMPOWER’s vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our organization’s values.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and abide by ethics, policies and procedures and professional standards of IMPOWER.
- Bachelors Degree in related field; equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience; substance abuse and/or mental health experience preferred
- Completion of FL BHT Certification or willingness to pursue and complete within 18 months of hire
- Understanding of facility safety regulations, vendor relationships and service contracts
- Effective problem solving, team and interpersonal skills used to influence others to accomplish identified objectives
- Successful background screenings through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, State and County
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance, and successful motor vehicle driving record background check
- Negative result from a multi panel drug screen