GENERAL CATEGORY: Human Resources
SUBJECT: Job Description – Residential Program Director
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
The Director of Residential Programs is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of the Boys & Girls Residential Treatment, Crisis Shelter and Group Home. Ensures the Agency’s mission and goals are put into practice in day to day operations of programs.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in youth services. Combination of education and experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with coordinators and directors to ensure consistency with policies and procedures, applying Supervision for Success and disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Review client referrals, collaborating with Education, Therapy and Programs to make recommendation on acceptance.
- Review and send critical incidents, implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Review incident reports and provide training and/or guidance to agency staff.
- Attend Director, Coordinator, safety meetings, Employee Appreciation Committee meetings, periodically attend staff meetings and additional meetings as needed.
- Chair safety committee, compile reports, review statistics, document monthly minutes.
- Participate in Y.E.S. House fundraising events with YES House staff members.
- Assist in planning and facilitation of the Y.E.S. House Strategic Plan. Implement and accomplish the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and generate reports.
- Ensure adherence to CARF standards and practices. Write policy, conduct quality assurance checks, review services, business practices, develop reports.
- Ensure federal and state compliance related to employment practices.
- Responsible for overseeing YES House Staff in meeting all licensing, certifying and accreditation standards and meeting with personnel as site visits are conducted. Respond to corrections or recommendations that are suggested by the visiting agency.
- Supervise, train and coach Residential Program Coordinators providing leadership and support to ensure that programs provide quality services to clients, families and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work closely with other agency departments and outside agencies
- Advanced interpersonal, time management and organization skills
- Advanced computer skills: able to learn complex software related to electronic records.
- High-level of problem-solving skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to change as the job changes.
To apply or learn more, email Maxine at email@example.com.