The LaSalle School is seeking an Residential Therapist (Full-Time, 37.5/hours per week, exempted with some nights/weekends required). This position will report to the Clinical Supervisor for Residential Services and/or Associate Director and Director of Clinical Services.
Our ideal candidate is energetic; has had experience in clinical evaluations, risk assessments, treatment planning and psychotherapy skills; understanding the connections and other relevant behavioral health information systems resources are available in the community; excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal skills; collaborative by nature; working with diverse multidisciplinary team of service providers and diverse populations of clients; knowledge of best practices, evidence informed practices, and cultural competency; well developed engagement and problem-solving skills; employs Trauma Informed Practices and crisis management skills. Training will be provided by the agency for TCI training.
The RTC Therapist acts as the clinical team leader for their respective residential dorm. The Therapist conducts comprehensive evaluations, develops individualized treatment plans and coordinates the array of treatment interventions for youth across LaSalle School’s continuum of care. The Therapist engages in ongoing professional development and other activities to ensure the delivery of effective, integrated and individualized treatment interventions for all assigned youth and families.
Job Responsibilities (only illustrative and not all inclusive):
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations and develop treatment plans.
- Deliver individual, family and group psychotherapy services.
- Provide IEP related social and emotional services for residential youth attending LaSalle’s 853 school.
- Act as clinical lead in weekly treatment team meetings and case conferences to advance treatment efforts for all assigned youth.
- Seek out and engage in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of ethical, high quality, effective, and individualized clinical and case management services to all youth and families.
- Adhere to all relevant agency and regulatory expectations. Complete all required case related documentation.
- Facilitate inter-departmental and inter-agency collaboration and communication.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience & Education):
- Master’s (or other advanced degree) in Social Work, Psychology, or related human service field.
- Must have (or obtain within six months of hire) and maintain applicable NYS professional licensure (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, etc.) Must hold/maintain minimum professional licensure required for all Medicaid and all MCO/ third party billing expectations.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license. Complete Driver Safety Certification, within 6 months of starting.
Experience with assessing and treating youth and families with complex mental health, educational, and behavioral needs. Familiarity with specialized risk assessment and treatment services for youth with fire setting, sexual abuse (perpetrator/victim), trauma, substance abuse and other complex treatment needs. Skilled in individual, family and group therapy.
- NYS School Social Work Certification OR CASAC
About the Agency:
The LaSalle School is a highly regarded, and nationally accredited provider of therapeutic, educational and supportive services designed to accomplish positive, personal growth and lasting change in the lives of youth and families in need. With over a third of our staff employed 10 + years with the agency, many of our employees find this work to be extremely fulfilling and choose to make this a lifelong career. Here at LaSalle, we take pride in our people who share our commitment to the core values of integrity, mutual respect, fairness, and communication. LaSalle School offers competitive compensation and benefits, excellent learning, and development opportunities.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary based upon experience: $38,000 to $55,337.
Paid Time Off:
- Start at 10 days off for vacation, 13 paid holidays a year, 3 personal days, 12 sick days per year and other leave time available dependent on the circumstances.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health/Medical Insurance – Single (LaSalle covers 100% of cost) / 2-person/family (LaSalle covers 50% of coverage)
- Dental Insurance – Single (LaSalle covers 100% of cost) / 2-person/family (LaSalle covers 50% of cost)
- Life Insurance – LaSalle covers 100% of cost at $50,000. Additional coverage can be purchased by employee at cost to employee.
- Flexible Spending and Cafeteria Plans – Employee covers 100% of cost
- Vision Insurance – Employee covers 100% of cost
- Short Term Disability – Employee covers 100% of cost
- Cancer Care and Accident Care plans – Employee covers 100% of cost
- Retirement: LaSalle covers 100% of contribution to Pension, 403b option available to staff – 100% contribution is employee responsibility
- Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Loan Assistance Program
- Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs – As a non-profit organization, LaSalle School qualifies as an organization to help college debt forgiven over the course of a set number of years–federal requirements must be meet by employee.
- During the first three to six months of employment, LaSalle will ensure that you have the necessary training, which is 100% covered by LaSalle; to be successful in the new position.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- In partnership with the College of St. Rose; use of Health Center: Pool, Gym, Fitness/Workout Room(s) and The Neil Hellman Library at no charge. Conveniently each are directly across the street from the organization.
- Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner in the cafeteria at no cost to the employee during your shift/breaks at LaSalle.
Please email resume to email@example.com (Erik Morrison, Director of HR) for consideration.