Therapists provide individual, family and group therapy within Orchard Place’s inpatient psychiatric program in Des Moines, Iowa. The program is a PMIC (Psychiatric Medical Institution for Children) and serves seriously emotionally disturbed children and adolescents ages 10-17 years. Every day is unique when working in a residential program, and our collegial environment fosters growth as a clinician.
Orchard Place therapists who have received their initial therapy license in the last 12 months or those who are currently in a master’s program with one year or less remaining before graduation may qualify for up to $20,000 in student loan forgiveness from Polk County.
Orchard Place values diversity, equity and inclusion, and we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is the key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
What you will do:
- Develop comprehensive Individual Care Plan aimed at addressing the needs of the client and family
- Provide weekly individual and family therapy sessions
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary treatment team by providing guidance, offering support and developing programming to foster growth and change
- Provide psycho education to families, clients and treatment teams to aid in the understanding of the treatment process, mental health and the impacts of trauma.
- Assist the child and family in preparing for discharge from the treatment program
As a valued member of the Orchard Place family, you will have the ability to:
- Make a significant impact on and provide valuable overall care and treatment for the children and their families that we serve.
- Train in and work with evidence-based models such as EMDR, TF-CBT and TBRI
- Receive regular supervision and training opportunities with a focus on staff self-care and professional development
- Enjoy a competitive benefits and time off package.
- Have your employment at Orchard Place qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF forgives the remaining balance on your federal Direct Loans after you make 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full time for a qualifying public service employer (such as Orchard Place).
- $47,000 base salary for non-independent licensure and $51,000 base salary for independent licensure
Sound like a good fit? A requirements include:
- Master’s degree and professional licensure in Iowa. Preference given to LISW/LMHC/LMFT. Will consider LMSW/MS with 2 years experience working with children, youth and families
- Excellent assessment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Valid Iowa driver’s license and driving record that meets agency guidelines
Criminal, Abuse Registry and Motor Vehicle Record checks completed.