The Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch is unlike any place you have worked! We are a place of hope where troubled kids and their families find professional care, compassionate expertise, and new possibilities. In short, we help the kids no one else can—we help them find and become who they are.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are currently seeking a full-time Residential Treatment Specialist. This are 8-hour shifts with rotating weekends; with options for a 7a to 3p shift or 3p to 11p set shift. Overnights are available as well from 11 pm to 7 am, awake overnights. Overnights can also be 10-hour shifts, 4 days a week.
Starting wage: $18.00 an hour
What you will do: As a Residential Treatment Specialist, you are an integral part of our team, requiring the ability to motivate, de-escalate, and coach youth during their time with us and be a key influence on putting our Ranch culture of Purpose, Caring, and Learning into action.
You recognize our kids by their strengths and do not judge or interact with them based on their history or behavior.
- Guide youth to reach their goals by fostering relationships through positive role-modeling and positive, supportive influence
- Maintain supervision of youth, providing oversight and care for youth in residential and community settings
You create a warm, welcoming environment that provides a safe place for kids to grow and learn and for staff to thrive.
- Provide information and interact with parents, referring workers, therapists, and other professionals concerning the status of clients
- Implement interventions on youth’s treatment plans and evaluate progress.
You evaluate our programs, attend trainings, and integrate new practices to ensure our kids and families receive the best care we can provide.
- Participate in clinical programming activities with clients (i.e., groups, recreation, therapeutic riding, etc.)
- Record observations relating to actions and behavior of youth and maintain records and reports as required, daily documentation, i.e., weeklies, logs
- Must be 21 or older at the time of application. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a background check, including criminal, abuse, and motor vehicle
- Post-secondary studies in social science, psychology, behavioral health, or human service-related fields are preferred but not required.
Benefits: As we support treatments that care for others, we also work to care for our team member’s professional, personal growth and well-being. We know that benefits are important. If you have questions ahead of time, please, ask, and one of our HR Ranchers would be happy to discuss.
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5%
- Medical and Dental Insurance. Employees participate in the cost of premiums and have the option of purchasing additional coverage for dependents
- Health Savings Account with a $125/month employer contribution if enrolled in the Ranch’s Medical plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance policies
- Employee Assistance Program through LifeWorks
- Generous Paid Time Off (accrual based on hours worked)
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Term Life Insurance
- 20% discount on items at all Ranch Thrift Store locations
- STAR leadership program
- Free meals at the cafeteria while on shift
Bismarck, ND: https://dakotaranch.bamboohr.com/careers/1185