Position Summary: The Special Education Teacher develops, implements, reviews and improves the educational program for students; ensuring that the education or service plans are in compliance with agency polices and the Department of Education regulations. Foster a safe and creative environment conducive to learning in which the students are able to achieve success based on interests and abilities both academically and socially.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree Required. A Masters Degree highly desired.
Experience working in a special education setting working with children highly desired.
Licenses or Certification: License in grade-level appropriate Special Education, Moderate Disabilities, Severe Disabilities or Subject Area is preferred. If not licensed, must be eligible for an initial waiver, enroll in license track coursework, and make sufficient progress (Academic & MTEL) towards licensure to maintain waiver status.
$56,475- $73,396.00 per year
BENEFITS BEYOND THE ORDINARY
- TUITION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT to support you earning a college degree. We reimburse up to $425 per credit hour. That’s up to $1275 per 3 credit course!
- STUDENT LOAN PAY DOWN PROGRAM to reduce your college loan debt
- EMPLOYER PAID LIFE INSURANCE
- WELLNESS PROGRAM CREDIT of $500 for individuals plans and $1000 for family plans to reduce your health insurance costs
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM to support you through stressful times in life
- Hillcrest has its own dental office where you can make payment through payroll deduction if needed
- 403B RETIREMENT PLAN to help you save for your financial future
- CHILD CARE REIMBURSEMENT paid quarterly to you (up to $2400 paid annually/$600 per quarter)
Why work with Hillcrest? You will have the opportunity to:
- Challenge yourself professionally while contributing to the education of youth facing mental health/behavioral challenges
- Lend your expertise and collaborate with highly skilled professionals
- Empathize with traumatized youth needing support
- Join a dedicated organization leading the field in residential treatment
- TRANSFORM LIVES OF THOSE IN OUR COMMUNITY AND BEYOND!!