Supervisor: Program Director
Required Qualifications: Required education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human services field, organizational management or related field. Previous supervisory experience required. A minimum of 5 years experience working with youth in a residential behavioral, mental health setting and minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference given for education and/or experience equivalent a Master’s Degree from an accredited program in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or a related field with licensure eligibility through the Wyoming Mental Health Licensing Board. Experience and/or training with a trauma-informed care, approach and practices.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintain resident and staff privacy and confidentiality at all times. Ensure access to resident and staff records and information is limited to personnel whose job duties and responsibilities require access.
- Demonstrated quality leadership, supervisory, training and performance evaluation skills.
- Excellent decision making skills, the ability to cope with considerable stress and the capacity to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, electronic, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity, interest and skills in working within a collaborative team model.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to self-structure and execute responsibilities efficiently;
- Knowledge of childhood trauma and prior experience working in settings with youth and families who have been exposed to trauma or experience traumatic stress preferred.
- Knowledge of child and youth development, adolescent issues, positive youth development/strengths preferred.
Position Description: Consistent with the values and ethics aligned with the historical mission of St. Joseph’s and the Catholic Church, the Residential Director is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the residential program in the PRTF program with primary concern for quality of the model of care and delivery of services, supervision and training of staff, safety and security, insuring that it operates in accordance with organization policies, licensure and Joint Commission standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Residential Program Management and Leadership
- Provide programmatic oversight and leadership of the PRTF Program model(s) of care and delivery of services within the residential program.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s leadership team working collaboratively with facility leaders, to ensure that clinically appropriate services are delivered and identify and implement solutions that support program improvements and growth.
- Participates as a member of the Quality Improvement Team.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing entities and Joint Commission regulations and implement changes as required. Participate in compliance visits by licensing and accreditation bodies.
- Ensure that the program’s physical environment meets required regulations for PRTF setting including clean, safe and home-like atmosphere.
- Review resident incidents to ensure proper follow-up has occurred.
- Participate in the referral and admission process to facilitate placement of youth to St. Joseph’s from the courts, Department of Family Services, Department of Education and private sources.
- Conduct regular supervisor meetings and include discussions of current residents so that all members of the team can operate in a consistent manner to aid the residents’ treatment.
- Observes and role models St. Joseph’s established Code of Ethics.
- Ensures the mission of St. Joseph’s, including the spiritual formation of residents, is an integral part of the healing process.
- Directly supervise the Assistant Residential Director and Residential Supervisors of each living unit. Provide guidance and direction to supervisory and non-supervisory employees.
- Develop and promote sound employee relationships, and create an atmosphere of teamwork to achieve high employee satisfaction and retention
- Ensure supervisory staff have the training, understanding, skills and tools to provide staff with the necessary skills.
- Approve potential candidates for residential positions and make hiring recommendations based upon qualifications and match with the organizations mission, philosophy, and structure.
- Conduct regular supervision and performance evaluations on a timely basis for all direct reports and review all other performance evaluations for all residential staff before signatures.
- Approve all disciplinary action necessary for residential staff and signs off on all documentation needed to complete this process. Make recommendations for termination of staff within area of responsibilities.
- Respond to after-hour calls, for evenings, weekends, and holidays in a timely manner as needed. As such, incumbents of this position must reside within a thirty (30) minute response time of St. Joseph’s Children’s Home.
- Work in collaboration with organization’s administrative support staff for proficient service delivery.
- Implement and provide feedback to improve policies and procedures for programming.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Stormy Lower at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled.