Rate: $16.6 USD per hour
Waukegan, IL 60087, USA
The position is a Full-Time Youth Care Worker position at our Waukegan Home. There will be case aide responsibilities associated with the position. As well as provide constant supervision and maintaining structure, discipline, a clean and healthy atmosphere of the residential home.
We are currently hiring for both 2nd and 3rd Shift
- Hours are roughly scheduled (2 PM-10 PM & 11 PM-8 AM) Flexibility preferred.
- High School Diploma / General Educational Development or better.
- Bachelor of Social Work or better. – Preferred
- 1 to 3 years in Youth Care Services or related -Preferred
- A valid driver’s license and driving record that allows the staff member to be eligible for coverage by One Hope United insurance, as well as approval to transport youth by DCFS. Must be at minimum 21 years of age.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities would include transporting clients to visits, appointments, court.
- Performing duties associated with the day-to-day training, modeling, and skill-building of a residential home for youth.
- Teaching and participating in individual and group instruction in daily living, recreational activities, social skills, and independent living skills as prescribed by each youth’s Individual Treatment Plan and the OHU Residential Program Plan.
- Participate in training and maintain certification in the implementation of the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) approved behavior modification program.
- Following One Home United Residential Program Plan, including daily schedule, administration of consequences, and mental health treatment plans of youth in residential care.
- Demonstrating the highest investment in and commitment to quality improvement practices in order to continuously improve the delivery of services to our residents.
- Participation and contribution to a treatment team of a residential home of youth assigned, including attending weekly team meetings and staffings, as required.
- Attend training, seminars, and conferences as assigned by supervisory or administrative staff.
- Complete in a timely and accurate fashion all documentation required for the position.
- Treat with absolute confidence all information concerning agency residents and programs.
Physical Requirements: must be physically able to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention restraint training and participate in TCI restraints, as needed.
We Invest In You
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Up to 4 weeks paid Vacation Days; up to 6 paid Personal Days and up to 5 paid Sick days annually
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and short-term disability options
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse, and Child(ren)
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term after 1 year of employment
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
ONE HOPE UNITED VALUES:
- Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another| We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action| We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day| We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving| We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency– strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from One Hope United, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.