Starting at $16.00/hour with $500.00 sign-on bonus
- Our mission is simple: To provide services to children and families that inspire, empower, and heal. If you want to learn more about how we do this, visit us at tanagerplace.org.
Tanager Place Youth Service Worker Details:
- Starting at $16.00/hour
- Full-time and part-time positions; all shifts available including weekend only
- Full-time positions provide a competitive benefits package including health, dental, PTO and more.
- Role of a youth service worker is to provide direct care services and treatment that is client centered, resilience oriented and trauma informed.
- Come here to make a difference in the life of a youth who needs your skills and strengths by using life space counseling, engagement and healing activities.
- Be a part of something bigger than yourself come see the beauty that lives in our agency, which has been in the community for over 140 years. Join our legacy of helping children and families heal!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct care and supervision for clients/consumers effectively utilizing trauma sensitive interventions and restorative practices to achieve safety, stability and healing;
- Provides a safe and therapeutic environment utilizing a proactive approach intercepting triggers before escalation occurs;
- Assists client/consumers in developing insight into their thoughts and behaviors to self-regulate and self-correct actions before escalation;
- Completes all documentation of services in a timely manner (same day) including but not limited to daily logs, shift notes, changeover, incident reports, behavior management and bed checks.
- Medical, dental, and vision for full-time employees.
- PTO for full-time employees.
- Heavily discounted trainings offered through Tanager Places Meraki Institute for all employees.
- Individual and group supervision and ongoing mentoring.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Starting at $16.00 per hour
Acceptable Experience/Training/ Education:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Must have a great sense of ethics, professionalism, and act as a positive emissary of Tanager Place.
- Must have excellent engagement with kids.
- Must be skilled at thoroughly and accurately completing documentation in a timely fashion.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as utilizing email, Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
- Must be a self-starter and reliable.