If you want to change your life, change someone else’s first.
Rawhide Youth Services is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring and equipping at-risk youth and their families. Founded in 1965, our mission statement reads:
“Being dependent on God, we inspire and equip at-risk youth and their families to lead healthy and responsible lives through family-centered care, treatment, and education.”
The Director of Residential Services is an important member of the Executive Leadership team and will provide leadership and direction to the residential care program. The Director is empowered to achieve organizational goals in transforming the residential program to meet changing needs for those youth requiring out-of-home care.
Leadership: Serves as a decisive, credible leader for the residential care program and demonstrates strong administrative and organizational skills. Ability to collaboratively participate with the leadership team in achieving organizational vison, mission, and commonality of purpose. Thought leader and subject matter expert in residential treatment best practices.
Strategic Planning: Works effectively and efficiently with the Executive Leadership team to implement organizational strategic plan and track progress toward achieving residential treatment service goals. Collaborates with the Leadership team to identify future strategic initiatives and implement plans toward sustainable growth.
Operations: Provides leadership and efficient management to all residential care operations. Develops and implements best practices around trauma-informed client-centric care. Demonstrated ability to develop high performing staff through training, mentoring and support. Assures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Ensures effective and efficient use of available resources.
Program Development: Commitment to deliver high quality residential programs and data driven program evaluation and outcomes. Works with community partners to improve program services. Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in transforming residential treatment program within the larger context of organizational goals. Demonstrates innovative thinking in developing transformative approaches in providing residential services to at risk youth.
Financial Management: Experience in nonprofit financial management including budgeting, forecasting, and tracking residential care revenues and expenses. Holds primary responsibility for managing the residential care budget and ensuring sustainable, diverse funding streams. Establishes annual department goals including census management and direct care recruitment and retention.
Personnel Management: Responsible for hiring, staff development, and high performance of all direct care workers and managers. Ensures training programs are implemented for all staff. Develops and promotes a positive residential care culture with all personnel and builds strong teamwork and collaboration.
Communication: Assures that Rawhide’s mission and programs are consistently presented in a strong, positive image internally and to the community. Possesses excellent verbal and written skills and communicates well with staff and community partners. Demonstrates hands on leadership and is proactively present to support staff and youth in the program. Must be relationship based in their approach and possesses strong values, high moral character, and is spiritually mature.
Community Partnerships: Builds relationships and networks with placing agencies and develops new referral sources. Understands the mental health community needs and identifies potential opportunities for organizational growth.
- Master’s degree required
- At least 5 years of experience in senior leadership roles.
- Experience in the social services field.
- Experience in a faith-based culture (preferred)
- Experience in working in a fast paced, change oriented environment
- Strong administrative and organizational abilities
- Ability to manage effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and sustain sound financial performance
- A management style that promotes teamwork, innovation, motivation, and builds consensus.
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate self-starter, high energy level and highly motivated in carrying out the mission
- Effective Interpersonal relationships and transparency with Leadership team and staff
- Faith based leader that can balance a sense of ministry for youth with the business demands in a changing organization
- Must be mission minded, have strong faith and values
- Inspirational leader who is decisive and creates a positive care culture.
- Embraces high engagement with direct care staff and developing high performing teams
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic, problem-solving attitude, and excellent judgment
- Empathy and understanding of principles of trauma informed care
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401k plan
- 10 paid Holidays
- PTO, VTO, Wellness Day, & Floating Holiday
- 5 Weeks Paid Sabbatical Leave
- Onsite Café (New London)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nature Trails/Waterfront on 700+ acres (New London)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Gymnasium
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Benefits for Birth or Adoption
To learn more about our Rawhide family and benefits check out the following links!
It is the policy of Rawhide Youth Services, Inc. to comply with the equal opportunity policy and standards of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health Services and the Department of Workforce Development and all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations relating to nondiscrimination in employment and service delivery.