A division of Clinicare Corporation, Aurora Plains Academy is a COA Accredited PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility) and alternative day school providing trauma- focused treatment for adolescents. Licensed by the South Dakota Department of Social Services, Aurora Plains Academy offers a comprehensive education and treatment program for those who are struggling with an array of issues such as emotional and behavioral difficulties, substance abuse, sexual offenses, and lower cognitive functioning.
We have an opening for a passionate, innovative, skilled, individual to reinvigorate and actively lead the operation of our 66-bed facility in Plankinton, SD. The Executive Director will bear a strong trauma-informed skillset, advanced communication skills, and the ability to pilot outcomes-based approaches to ensure top-notch care. Responsible for general oversight of the facility, this individual will possess solid decision-making aptitude, a safety-first mindset, demonstrate follow-through, and the competence to resolve escalated matters swiftly and amicably. As chief of the location’s leadership team, this candidate will boast collaborative leadership prowess, consistent policy application, and desire to educate and mentor team members at all levels. Our employees are no strangers to smoothie socials and chili cookoffs, so an imaginative character that fosters a sense of comradery, connection, and value is a plus.
What you will need to be successful:
- A master’s degree in an accredited social or behavioral science field and at least four (4) years of relevant alternative childcare experience OR a bachelor’s degree in an accredited social or behavioral science field and at least six (6) years of relevant alternative childcare experience
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience in a human services field
- Special consideration given to candidates with previous work history in the PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility), IRT (Intensive Residential Treatment) or RCC (Residential Care Center) settings
- Formal trauma-informed care training/experience highly desired
What we bring to the table:
- An array of employee benefits options and competitive salary
- Generous paid leave and work-life balance options
- Free housing available
Interested? Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to David Fritsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinicare Corporation is an equal opportunity employer