|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||OUR MISSION
Endeavors passionately serves vulnerable people in crisis through our innovative, personalized approach.
We seek to provide comprehensive, effective, and innovative services that encourage growth, allowing people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. Why? Because we believe that everyone holds the capacity to grow, heal, change, succeed, and affect others positively.
We restore dignity and improve the quality of life for the vulnerable people we serve through the benefits of our programs.
We seek to unify families and communities torn apart by poverty, unemployment, or neglect by providing real, practical solutions and a path to earned income. We do this through a wide array of programs and services supporting children, families, veterans and those struggling with mental illness and other significant disabilities.
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||1|
|DESCRIPTION||Endeavors has been selected as an Energage 2023 Top Workplaces USA award recipient! We ranked in the top 25% of work places as far as work life balance, top 25% of work places for meaningful work, and company direction!
Federal Contract Requirements: Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination. Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
JOB PURPOSE: The Mental Health Senior Manager is responsible for providing support to Associate Director of Mental Health Services, oversight for Team Leads, assist Associate Director with clinical leadership and programmatic direction for all mental and behavioral health services provided at the Pecos Children’s Center. The Mental Health Senior Manager will provide support to Associate Director of Mental Health with assuring the alignment of all services with the requirements of the Office of Refugee Resettlement’s Unaccompanied Children’s Program, the Endeavors Behavioral Management standards, and industry best practices for working with unaccompanied minors entering the United States.
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Associate Director with establish policies and procedures for the mental health department.
• Assist Associate Director with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the mental health department, assuring 24-hour service.
• Assist Associate Director with representing the mental health department functions of PCC with internal and external stakeholders, such as the PCC command staff, the PCC Multi-Disciplinary Team, external behavioral health hospitals, and the Division of Health for Unaccompanied Children (DHUC) and other ORR program staff such as Federal Field Specialists.
• Define, measure, and evaluate program performance data directed by Associate Director.
• Assist Associate Director with establishing and managing a robust program of Quality Assurance and continuous Quality Improvement in the department and all services.
• Assist Associate Director with identifying and innovating new programs or service deliver methodologies to best meet the needs of minors in care.
• Provide direct supervision for departmental leadership – Team Leads and Lead Clinical Counselors
• Assist Associate Director with managing staffing plans to assure that ORR-required ratios of mental health clinicians to minors in care at PCC are maintained or exceeded at all times, serving as principal point of contact with subcontractors providing mental health staffing services
• Assist Associate Director with overseeing department-specific orientation and training program for new staff (New Employee Training and On the Job Training)
• Assure compliance with all ORR regulations and policies regarding required services to minors in care and qualifications of mental health staff.
• Support and serve as Point of Contact (POC) for Associate Director of Mental Health Services.
• Support a culture of on-going learning through training and development sessions both internal and external (virtual) for staff.
• Assist Associate Director with overseeing and coordinating any personnel actions with on-site Human Resources
• Provide weekly de-briefings to Associate Director of Mental Health Services.
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrate Exceptional customer service, in Everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.”
• A master’s degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology or a related health science field is Required. EXPERIENCE:
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish required and a minimum of three years’ of supervisory experience in the behavioral health field with specific work in mental health treatment for children with a preference of experience in an in-patient or residential treatment environment.
• Knowledge in DSM-5 (DSM-5-TR) diagnoses is required;
• Experience in understanding the needs of migrant children, especially unaccompanied children is required;
• In-depth knowledge of Trauma-Informed Care and de-escalation techniques a must.
• Experience with Non-violent Crisis Intervention and safe restraint, certification with CPI is preferred
ATTENDANCE: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
LICENSES: Driver’s License with clear record. Have a current Texas license to practice psychology, social work or counseling, LCSW, LPC required. Applicants that are not licensed in Texas will be considered if they are eligible for Texas licensure.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
OTHER: Mental Health Senior Manager must be 21 years or older. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Must be available and willing to travel to various locations including Pecos Children’s Center and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD
|EOE STATEMENT||Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. are “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.”|
Mental Health Senior Manager – Endeavors