|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||OUR MISSION
Endeavors passionately serves vulnerable people in crisis through our innovative, personalized approach.
We seek to provide comprehensive, effective, and innovative services that encourage growth, allowing people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. Why? Because we believe that everyone holds the capacity to grow, heal, change, succeed, and affect others positively.
We restore dignity and improve the quality of life for the vulnerable people we serve through the benefits of our programs.
We seek to unify families and communities torn apart by poverty, unemployment, or neglect by providing real, practical solutions and a path to earned income. We do this through a wide array of programs and services supporting children, families, veterans and those struggling with mental illness and other significant disabilities.
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||1|
|DESCRIPTION||Endeavors has been selected as an Energage 2023 Top Workplaces USA award recipient! We ranked in the top 25% of work places as far as work life balance, top 25% of work places for meaningful work, and company direction!
Federal Contract Requirements: Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination. Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
JOB PURPOSE: The Patient Safety Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and safety of unaccompanied minors under the care of our shelter. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing patient safety initiatives, policies, and practices to minimize risks and enhance the overall quality of care provided to the minors. The Patient Safety Manager collaborates with medical and administrative staff to create a safe and secure environment that promotes the physical and emotional well-being of the minors.
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Patient Safety Initiatives: Develop, implement, and manage patient safety programs and initiatives tailored to the unique needs of unaccompanied minors, focusing on injury prevention, infection control, and psychological well-being.
• Policy Development: Create and enforce policies and procedures that prioritize patient safety, compliance with regulations, and adherence to best practices. Continuously review and update policies to reflect current standards.
• Risk Assessment: Conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify potential safety hazards and vulnerabilities within the shelter environment. Collaborate with relevant departments to address and mitigate these risks.
• Incident Reporting and Analysis: Establish mechanisms for timely and accurate reporting of safety incidents. Analyze trends and patterns in incidents, and use this data to guide improvements in patient safety measures.
• Training and Education: Develop and deliver training programs for shelter staff on topics such as infection control, emergency response, and identifying signs of distress among minors. Ensure staff members are well-prepared to handle safety-related situations.
• Collaboration: Work closely with medical staff, social workers, and other relevant teams to integrate patient safety considerations into overall care plans. Foster a multidisciplinary approach to patient safety.
• Emergency Preparedness: Develop and maintain comprehensive emergency response plans specific to the shelter environment. Conduct drills and simulations to ensure staff readiness in case of medical emergencies.
• Quality Improvement: Participate in quality improvement initiatives related to patient safety, collaborating with leadership to address identified areas for enhancement.
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrate Exceptional customer service, in Everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.”
EDUCATION: Nursing (ADN, BSN, MSN) degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 2 years as a registered nurse, preferably with experience in pediatrics, adolescent care, or a related field.
• Experience in Patient Safety: Prior experience in a patient safety or quality improvement role is highly desirable.
• Understanding of regulatory requirements and standards related to patient safety in an ORR shelter setting.
• Ability to lead and facilitate training sessions for staff.
• Strong knowledge of nursing principles, practices, and protocols. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse teams.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills to assess risks and develop effective solutions.
• Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and thorough documentation.
• Compassionate and empathetic approach when interacting with unaccompanied minors.
ATTENDANCE: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
LICENSES: Driver’s License with clear record. Must hold a valid and current Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas or a Compact license.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
OTHER: Patient Safety Manager must be 21 years or older. Must be available and willing to travel to various locations including Pecos Children’s Center and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD
|EOE STATEMENT||Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. are “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.”|
Patient Safety Manager – Endeavors