Hourly range from $22.59 – $26.44, based on experience
Mountain Lake Academy is an experiential-based program that works with students in grades 7-12 at a year-round boarding school located in the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. Mountain Lake Academy provides a variety of experiential-based programming for boys in grades 7-12. These experiences include hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, skiing, snowshoeing, multi-day expeditions, and vocational programming.
What to expect:
As the Phase Leader, you will be responsible for planning and facilitating on and off-campus experiential groups such as hiking, biking, skiing, etc. trips that focus on the growth and development of the students. Plan and Facilitate other meaningful and appropriate on-campus and off-campus activities. These will include but are not limited to recreation groups, Guided Group Interaction, Adventure Based Counseling groups, Adventure Based Activities (Level 1-3), recreational activities, and volunteer activities. Co-leading groups on multi day wilderness experiences.
Your skills & experience:
- Relationship and skill building
- Experiential learning
- Outdoor activities focused (i.e. hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, snowshoeing, rock climbing, expeditions, etc.)
- Recreational activities and work-based experiences
- A safe environment to create lasting change
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy or similar degree.
- A minimum of 4 years experience working with children and leading students in experiential based activities.
- Certifications or Licensing will include Wilderness First Responder, NY State Guide License, and Adventure Based Counseling Experience.
- Successful completion of a background check per New York State regulations
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Individuals with the skills, confidence, and experience working with students in both individual and group settings preferred.
What we offer:
- Full-time, 4-day workweek
- Competitive salary, based on experience and position
- Meals while working
- Opportunities for advancement
Mountain Lake Academy is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more or apply, please email Chloe at email@example.com.