Annual range $56,000 – $70,000 based on experience
Mountain Lake Academy is an experiential-based program that works with students in grades 7-12 at a year-round boarding school located in the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. Mountain Lake Academy provides a variety of experiential-based programming for boys in grades 7-12. These experiences include hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, skiing, snowshoeing, multi-day expeditions, and vocational programming.
What to expect:
The Primary Counselor will be assigned a group of students and facilitate the growth and development of each of these students through the phase cycle. Plan and Facilitate meaningful and appropriate on-campus and off-campus activities. These will include but are not limited to recreation groups, Guided Group Interaction, Adventure Based Counseling groups, Adventure Based Activities, recreational activities, volunteer activities, vocational group, and individual programming.
Your skills & experience:
- Relationship and Skill Building
- Experiential Learning
- Outdoor Activities focused (i.e. hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, snowshoeing, rock climbing, expeditions, etc.)
- Recreational Activities and Work-Based Experiences
- A safe environment to create lasting change
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of Four-years experience in a similar type of setting is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service required. Master’s Degree in Human Service preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check per New York State regulations
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Individuals with the skills, confidence, and experience working with students in both individual and group settings
- The ability to communicate with both internal and external resources in a professional manner
What we offer:
- Full-time, Monday through Friday schedule
- Competitive salary, based on experience and position
- Meals while working
- Opportunities for advancement
Mountain Lake Academy is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more or apply, email Chloe at email@example.com.