As a PRN Staff Nurse, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Iowa kids and their families. PRN Staff Nurses support children and adolescents ages 10-17 years at our residential campus in Des Moines, Iowa. Our employees are valued here at Orchard Place, and we are committed to providing you with a culture of open communication, a collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development.
We have opportunities to work days, 2nd shift or weekend hours.
Orchard Place values diversity, equity and inclusion, and we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is the key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Base pay rates for the PRN Nurse position:
- LPN – $23.50 per hour
- RN (Weekday-daytime) – $31.00 per hour
- RN (Weekday-evening hours) – $33.00 per hour
- RN (Weekend package) – $38.00 per hour
*$4.00 per hour differential paid if (non-weekend) nurse picks up weekend hours
As a valued member of the Orchard Place family you will have the ability to:
- Make a significant impact on and provide valuable input in the overall care and treatment for the children and their families that we serve.
- Experience the journey and celebrate in the success of being a part of a youth’s growth and progress.
- Use your exceptional nursing skills to provide quality care and support the overall vision of creating a sanctuary of safety that eliminates the barriers to healing.
- Work with an incredibly supportive team to provide the best care to our residents.
- Receive professional development and training opportunities at no cost to you. Orchard Place values growth and change, and we are here to support you through your own personal career development.
What you will do:
- Provide direct patient care
- Complete nursing assessments
- Update medical records
- Assist at the onsite medical clinic in obtaining all doctor’s order for laboratory procedures for the residents as needed
- Educate staff on instruction and information about medication and drug prescriptions and supervise security of medications on each unit
- Communicate with parents/guardians as needed
Sound like a good fit? A few requirements include:
- An active Iowa RN License or Iowa LPN License
- Ability to work independently with excellent critical thinking skills
- Pediatric and psychiatric experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Criminal, Abuse Registry and Motor Vehicle Record checks completed.