Murray McKinnon Foundation Reintegration Support Outreach Worker – Temporary Full-Time
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm – must be flexible to attend appointments with youth outside of these hours.
Murray McKinnon Foundation seeks a responsible and motivated individual to work as a Reintegration Support Outreach Worker on a temporary (6 month) full-time basis, within the Community Based Program located in Oshawa. We are seeking a skilled individual with a relational, strength-based approach to working with youth. This is a dedicated, gender responsive, mobile position which provides assistance and delivery of individualized risk reduction plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing supervision and mentoring of young persons at risk or in conflict with the law, accompanying them to appointments, creating/delivering programming, teaching life- skills, assisting them to meet their own goals that they have set, to help create success, and most importantly ensuring that their voice is listened to and considered through all processes.
Minimum requirements include:
• Completed post secondary education and three years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination thereof,
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and harm reduction, trauma-informed, anti- oppressive practices as well as a client centered, strength-based approach to working with young persons are key components of this position.
• A reliable vehicle is required.
• A valid G level driver’s license; with proof of a safe driving record
• Proof of two million dollar vehicle liability insurance
• Medical note that you are fit for this type of work,
• Proof of Immunization Records,
• Provision of Criminal Reference check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
• In keeping with best practices, this position is open to female applicants only
In addition, the successful applicant should have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, a creative approach to working with young persons, excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills and the ability to work collaboratively with community partners, family and team members. Knowledge of relevant legislation and cultural competencies are key components to this position. What We Offer:
• Competitive rate of pay ($23.53 per hour plus 4% vacation pay)
• 8% additional pay in lieu of Health and Welfare benefits
• Progressive workplace environment
• A trusted agency, known for being innovative, with service provision in our region for over 50 years.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume, as one document, by no later than noon on February 8, 2024 to email@example.com. The document should be saved/labelled as: lastname firstname MMF RSO TEMP FT We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMF will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process. *If contacted for an interview, please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.
Job Type: Casual Hourly Rate: $20.26-$21.07 per hour
Schedule: Expectation to work a variety of shifts (including weekends) in 24/7 congregate care setting(s).